PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Commercial Walk-Behind!

Howie's Lawn Care
08-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I was just looking at these things. I know the Lescos and Cubs are practically the same, but do the walk-behinds have the same control levers? Are the controls on the Cub pretty nice? What's the cut like also? Thanks for any help in advance.

sawman65
08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
most of the commercial mowers are good mowers you need to demo them to see what one suits you best.but first and foremost you need to find a good dealer.all mowers make a good boat anchor if you cant get parts.case in point is the shop i work for...this spring we had to get new people to run or parts dept.they all came from the auto industry and did not know crap about lawnmower parts or outdoor power equip.now i sell exmark,hustler,stihl,simplicity and dixie chopper.all top of the line but my sales still fell off 50%.and i made less money than i ever have for the year.had to float lones for my techs.so they could buy gas to get to work.they are doing good now,but the damage has been done.word of mouth can be your best friend or you worst.talk to the local lcos and see who has the best service.
just my $.02

alwaysgreener
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM
We bought (2) 72" Tanks (2) 60" Tanks and (3) 36' walkbehinds last year and we had problems with both 72" tanks and 2 of the walkbehinds the first season. The tanks were starting problems and leaking hydo oil all over. The walkbehinds problems were trans problems. I do have to say the dealer was great and very supportive and they corrected the problems, it took them some time but now all is ok. They do cut great by the way. But would I ever buy Cub again....NO we are staying with the Bobcats.. :D too much money for trail and error. Hoped this helped....Good luck

wriken
08-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a 72", 2- 60's a 52" w/b, and a 36" w/b, very little if any shop time, I agree the 72" has a generac motor, they do start hard, and if its wet forget it, all it will do is spin over. But thats motor problems, Generacs are used alot on dixie choppers, so its not cubs fault. They put a new starter on the generac, so far so good.

Redd
08-15-2005, 07:38 AM
I have the Lesco 48 float deck with the loop handle (push forward,pull to go back) and have been very pleased with it. It starts, runs, and cuts great...no problems. Also comes with decent warranty. When I purchase a rider it will prob be the Lesco 60", again due to my experience with Lesco and the price.

davechick12
08-15-2005, 10:36 AM
What do you think about the ztwo Iam plaining on buying the 60in for 6 grand. I just cant see spending 8200 on an exmark lazer

Just my opions

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 10:42 AM
I have the Lesco 48 float deck with the loop handle (push forward,pull to go back) and have been very pleased with it. It starts, runs, and cuts great...no problems. Also comes with decent warranty. When I purchase a rider it will prob be the Lesco 60", again due to my experience with Lesco and the price.

How are the controls on bumpy Lawns.

John

Redd
08-16-2005, 05:12 PM
I haven't had any problems with bumpy lawns (although I do slow down to reduce damage). There is an adjustable bar in the forward postion you can set...so when you push the drive lever forward, you can squeeze it against the adjustable bar to maintain your desired speed. Hope this helps.

Rhett
08-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Stay far away from the 52 deck. They tend to last a season or two and then have structural problems. Put a 48 on a 17 Kaw that previously had a 52 and have been pretty happy with it since.

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I haven't had any problems with bumpy lawns (although I do slow down to reduce damage). There is an adjustable bar in the forward postion you can set...so when you push the drive lever forward, you can squeeze it against the adjustable bar to maintain your desired speed. Hope this helps.

Yes it does. I also got a hold of cub and they told me that the 48,17,walk has a blade speed of 18900 :cool2:

Sweet
John

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Stay far away from the 52 deck. They tend to last a season or two and then have structural problems. Put a 48 on a 17 Kaw that previously had a 52 and have been pretty happy with it since.

It looks like they only have a 48,17 hydro walk????????? Thats all i seen on there web??
John

Redd
08-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Lesco has the 52" float deck, I believe Cub only has the 48.....do you have any Lesco dealers nearby....I saved around $800 by purchasing the Lesco(same mower...different color)....really depends on your dealer support though