PDA

View Full Version : tired of the run a round

Frontier-Lawn
08-14-2005, 01:41 PM
theres a neighbor of the lawn i cut 2 doors down. there tired of the grass ditch never getting empty (cant be mowed). so they want me to build a block wall on both sides & stones on the botom,to help get rid of the water. Also so it does not need to be mowed. now i have been calling to the county the local city and I'm getting the run around to see if i can do it or if the county owns the ditch. attached is a idea of how she wants it. what to do?

SodKing
08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Why not put a drain tile, not sure what size you would need, and then you could have a nice flat lawn right where the ditch was...

Frontier-Lawn
08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
or i could tear out all the grass and line it with river stone

Frontier-Lawn
08-14-2005, 02:13 PM
its 75' long 3' wide and 2' deep

RedWingsDet
08-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Do what sod king suggested.

cgland
08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I would go with "new ditch 2" You already have the swale and you know it holds water. Just get rid of the weeds, line it w/ fabric, and stone it in. Use a mix of large and small boulders coupled with some riverstone for the "bottom" and turn it in to a dry creek bed. Plant some water loving plants in it. You don't want to go messing around with regrading when you already have it done.

Chris

Frontier-Lawn
08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
I would go with "new ditch 2" You already have the swale and you know it holds water. Just get rid of the weeds, line it w/ fabric, and stone it in. Use a mix of large and small boulders coupled with some riverstone for the "bottom" and turn it in to a dry creek bed. Plant some water loving plants in it. You don't want to go messing around with regrading when you already have it done.

Chris

thats what i was thinking to minus the water plants due to no wet winters

B&G Lawn Service
08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
One way to find out is ask the owner if there is a "easement" stated on there deed? If so the owner of the property is responsible for the maintenance, so you can do whatever but do not "alter" the flow of water! Basically can not dam, divert to another person property or the township/county is able to stop you. Another way is to propose what you want to due to the township/county for construction....tell them you are trying to create a better flow of water using river rock, etc. and your argument will be there is standing water and creating mosquitoes etc.
If the township/county owns it and there is standing water or overgrown weeds etc. You can use the same agrument as above and get ir done threw the township/county. Either way be sure you proposed that you can do the work!