PDA

View Full Version : Magnum owners... well??

teeca
08-14-2005, 02:43 PM
noticed a few people bought several of these units this spring. well now that the seasons well under way, what do you think? would you buy another? or have you had it with PG for good? i'm the market for a ride on and i'm leaning harder then the tower of PIZA towards the z-spray, but if i can save $2K i will.

NattyLawn
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I have a Magnum and do like it...My biggest complaint is that it steers like a tank when the hopper and tank is full. Just a better machine in general than the old Centri I was running. I haven't been on a Z-spray yet, but no one has a bad thing to say about those..

teeca
08-15-2005, 11:35 PM
most of the properties i treat are 40k-100k and one is 425k that i do by push spreader and drag hose now, the rest i use a tractor and vicon spreader (but still have to drag hose) and i have two that are 1.5M k and 1.75M k and everywere in between. to say the least it's getting old fast! i looked at the z and it's quite the awsom mechine (thinking the intermediat w/optional 20gal extra liquid tank) would do it all and some. but the extra money $2k for the added convience? if the magnum was worth it or not.

Runner
08-16-2005, 04:43 AM
There was a good review written on this on another site, and he described a few different little "glitches" with it. I have a friend that added one to the rest of his PG's, and he is happy with it.

NattyLawn
08-16-2005, 08:00 AM
If most of your properties are between 40-100k, I would go with the Z-spray. I hope you know how much time your going to save with either machine!

teeca
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
If most of your properties are between 40-100k, I would go with the Z-spray. I hope you know how much time your going to save with either machine!
thats what i'm looking for, back and knees kill at the end of the day!

Turf Troll
08-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I had problems with my foot last winter and bought a perma green I had been looking at both machines. With the hilly terrain on some lawns the fold down handle bars enable me to step off and do most hills. I do touch up around ornamental beds with backpack sprayer.

LwnmwrMan22
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I had problems with my foot last winter and bought a perma green I had been looking at both machines. With the hilly terrain on some lawns the fold down handle bars enable me to step off and do most hills. I do touch up around ornamental beds with backpack sprayer.

You know you could run a 15' piece of hose off of the bottle fill on your PG, with a spray wand, and then you might not have to use the backpack sprayer??

ant
08-17-2005, 08:35 PM
i own a mag. with 20 hrs. on it and it seems ok so far. the machine seems little slower then the centri's i own. the largest lawn i do is 60,000 sf. .
i been with perm a green since early 90's and they always did me well despite the machines breaking alot.
LT rich makes a nice machine (i own there aerator and seen there spreader) but it is a little large for me..

LwnmwrMan22 good job on the hose attachment...i never thought of it.. i am going to try it.. :cool2:

Runner
08-17-2005, 11:21 PM
The thing about the hose attachment, is that you HAVE to have the right nozzle. A regular nozzle like out of a backpack sprayer would put down WAY to heavy of chem..

Turf Troll
08-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I received my recall kit today for 7 or 8 items on the perma green, anyone else?

NattyLawn
08-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I received my recall kit today for 7 or 8 items on the perma green, anyone else?

Came last week....

ant
08-18-2005, 10:32 PM
whats this recall kit all about?

Turf Troll
08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Pivot tube brace- safety
Neutral safty switch test-safety
Ground wire-safety
Control rod clamp-Mechanical
Idler Bearing- Mechanical
Plus 4 seperate spare parts in case of problems.