PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper

Andersonlawnscape
08-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I know this topic has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the topic that related directly with my dixie chopper. My question is about the deck tilting causing it to cut uneven. I plan on using the accelerator for some fall cleanups, but If it gets completly full will this cause my deck to tilt. I have a dixie chopper coatsville classic and a silver eagle both 50 inch. Thanks for the help.

PeterA
08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
AndersonLawnCare,
If you are going to be picking up lightweight leaves, deck tilt on a 50 inch fab deck is not going to be a problem. If you load the catcher with wet spring grass, it is a possibility (especially the Jumbo). If your deck is not a floating deck, you are less likely to have a problem. Try pressing down on the edge of the deck with your foot where the catcher would attach. If it takes a lot of pressure to move the deck, you are not going to have a problem with the catcher causing tilt. The full catcher weighs about 50 pounds when full of grass (more if it is wet, less if the grass is bone dry). The jumbo is around 70 to 80 lbs when full. Call me if you have any questions.
800-984-9410