PDA

View Full Version : SP Sprayer Leaking

Eclipse
08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I have two SP Sprayers, one is a couple years old and the other is less than a week old, and both are leaking in the same spot. Out of the bottom where the plunger is. Any ideas exactly what would need replacement. Is it common for them to develop a leak in this area?

I purchased another SP Sprayer because they are highly regarded on this site, but personally I have had much better luck with my Solo. Hopefully it is a quick and simple fix, bad o-ring or something.

Thanks.

ArizPestWeed
08-14-2005, 08:16 PM
If it's piston type , junk it
Diaphram type , well , still junk the old and take the new one back to where you bouhgt it

Eclipse
08-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Sorry, I forgot to include the models.

The older one is an SP2, so it is a piston, and the newer one is an SPO.

Thanks for the reply.

teeca
08-15-2005, 10:11 AM
let us know what you find out, i am thinking of ordering 3 sp0's, they claim to have the least amount of leaks, i have had the solo's and they last a long time, but leak!!

ArizPestWeed
08-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I've got 10 SP 3 and no leaks .
Had 4 Solo but the lid leaked , sent them back and solo sent me 4 more that I sold to a shop .
So for , SP is working

ToniDavies
08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Ihave never seen the SPO leak that quickly. It is the best unit SP makes. Call the company you purchased it from maybe there is a recall.

Eclipse
08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
They are going to give me a new one tomorrow when I stop in. Hopefully it holds up much better than the first one.

Amazing how we all have different luck with different products. My Solo has been great, SP not so great :)

I will say that the Solo wands are crap IMHO as compared to the SP.

Thanks again.

jajwrigh
08-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Did you tighten the hose clamp at the base of the sprayer when you bought it? Remember they come loose from the factory. I have had no problems with mine what so ever....let us know what you find.

Eclipse
08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Did you tighten the hose clamp at the base of the sprayer when you bought it? Remember they come loose from the factory. I have had no problems with mine what so ever....let us know what you find.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did tighten the hose clamps. They are leak free.

ArizPestWeed
08-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Eclipse
I bought 10 solo wands conplete from hose to tip ans use 'em on my SP.
I like solo wands better

Eclipse
08-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Eclipse
I bought 10 solo wands conplete from hose to tip ans use 'em on my SP.
I like solo wands better

:) As it seems we have different luck with the same products we have a different preference for certain aspects of a given product. Maybe I should buy some Solo sprayers and trade you my Solo wands for your SP's :)

ArizPestWeed
08-16-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm working on designing a insert " battery and pump" to fit in under the tank and on top the the bottom part of the frame .
So it's ele .
Should fit the SP type only .

teeca
08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
i to like the wands on the solo, being as flexable as they are makes them VERY forging!