PDA

View Full Version : Home made "proslide"

bretben55
08-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Check out some pics of my home made Proslide. It works really well. Made it out of a snow sled and some angle iron.

LawnBoy89
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
It's pretty cool but it won't spring up like a proslide and turning with it will be totally different.

Cimarron Landscape
08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
what the heck is a proslide?
~Brian

bretben55
08-14-2005, 06:08 PM
You are right in that it doesn't turn like a real one, I just step off it on the turns.
However, here's how it stripes.

Cimarron Landscape
08-14-2005, 06:21 PM
aha, it's a riding/striping attatchment. Cool Idea. Thing is, won't work well on pavement, etc. Nice results.
~Brian

Scapegoat
08-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I want to figure out how to attach my snowboard to the back of mine. :p

iluvscag
08-14-2005, 06:32 PM
That could be be a new sport, doing tricks on a snowboard while cutting grass. :)

Scapegoat
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
That could be be a new sport, doing tricks on a snowboard while cutting grass. :)

That'd be a great event at the X Games. :D

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
what the heck is a proslide?
~Brian
Cimarron try this link then click on features for a good picture (you step off on pavement!):

http://www.novaecorp.com/proslide.html

MudslinginFX4
08-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not trying to talk negative about your design, I think its a great idea, but could this dragging over the ground possibly be of any good to the grass blades and the health of the grass itself? It seems like to me that this dragging motion of your weight (or anyones weight) on the slide would literally tear and pull at the grass when going over it. The other things used for striping such as rollers etc.. aren't putting quite as much pressure on the grass.

gogetter
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm not trying to talk negative about your design, I think its a great idea, but could this dragging over the ground possibly be of any good to the grass blades and the health of the grass itself? It seems like to me that this dragging motion of your weight (or anyones weight) on the slide would literally tear and pull at the grass when going over it. The other things used for striping such as rollers etc.. aren't putting quite as much pressure on the grass.

Check out mcw's link to the Proslide. It's smooth plastic, it's not going to pull or tear anything. The weight is spread out and you're moving along, so it it won't likely have a chance to harm the grass, just bends it over real quick.

khutch
08-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm a big fan of the Proslides - I have two of em'.
I feel they are much more productive and offer better use than sulkys, but of course to each his own, and there sure seem to be more sulkys out there than ProSlides. Maybe it is an awareness thing. People are always talking about how bad it must be on the grass, yet I have never had any damage, ever from a ProSlide, esp. compared to what Z's and WB tires do!
What I found funny about the ProSlide web link in an earlier post, they say it is endorsed by John Deere, but the two photos they have are an Exmark and a Husky!

Mowerboy04
08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Check out some pics of my home made Proslide. It works really well. Made it out of a snow sled and some angle iron.

do u have any pics of how u attached it to your mower. it looks like a great idea and i think if u don't mind i might copy it
thanks

genoaustin
08-15-2005, 07:07 PM
You said a snow sled? I am guessing from the picture of the holes (handles?) that it is noe of those very slippery plastic strips that rolls up into a tight roll when you are trying to sit on it? It would be very slippery. Only wish I could find one in Texas.

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 07:09 PM

LOLOL I needed that one LOLOLOL :laugh:

ed2hess
08-15-2005, 08:11 PM
You get good marks for your creativity, but the grass looks like it is mashed down!

bretben55
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Mowerboy04,

Here is a pic of how I attached it to the mower. Basically, I used some chain, chain connector, bolt, and a washer. The holes were already there on the mower. As you can see from the picture, I need to get a bolt with a larger head. I just used what I had available to try out my idea.

bretben55
08-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Here is another shot further away.

mcwlandscaping
08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm a big fan of the Proslides - I have two of em'.
I feel they are much more productive and offer better use than sulkys, but of course to each his own, and there sure seem to be more sulkys out there than ProSlides. Maybe it is an awareness thing. People are always talking about how bad it must be on the grass, yet I have never had any damage, ever from a ProSlide, esp. compared to what Z's and WB tires do!
What I found funny about the ProSlide web link in an earlier post, they say it is endorsed by John Deere, but the two photos they have are an Exmark and a Husky!
I noticed that too. I think the proslides are neat but too expensive for the now. Maybe on my next WB!

bretben55
08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Yes, it is one of those snow sled carpets. It was up in our attic. You are correct as far as the bottom of the sled is concerned It is fairly slick.

I know my grass needs some work. There are a number of bare spots, and it just doesn't seem to grow past a certain height.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-16-2005, 05:00 PM
nice idea...........

liquidforcedude7
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM

ive done a skateboard down the street behind my s/p 21". got some stares ;)

but that looks good a very cost payup efficent way to not have to walk :)