PDA

View Full Version : What bagger for TTHP?

hamsey
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I am going to start bagging fall and spring clippings. What is a good bagger for the Exmark TTHP? Thanks!

Norm

stboo6
08-14-2005, 08:39 PM
trac vac makes one .. trac-vac.com

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
If you are just looking for a regular bag, a Wright Grass Gobbler will work. I have one and it works great. If you want to use it for leaves too, they also offer the Leaf Gobbler that is just an extension you can put on the Grass Gobbler. The grass gobbler, at least where i am, will run around $250. Just my 2 cents. Link:

www.wrightmfg.com

Lazer_Z
08-14-2005, 09:06 PM
If you are just looking for a regular bag, a Wright Grass Gobbler will work. I have one and it works great. If you want to use it for leaves too, they also offer the Leaf Gobbler that is just an extension you can put on the Grass Gobbler. The grass gobbler, at least where i am, will run around $250. Just my 2 cents. Link:

www.wrightmfg.com
I don't want to be rude but the Grass Gobblers suck. I have one and I hate it with a passion fill it up with wet not damp but full on WET grass and tell me you still like it.

My next bagger is going to an Accelerator it's going to cost me $500+ but it's aluminum and it's lighter than the GG's.

Just my $.02

Rob

Mower For Less
08-14-2005, 11:38 PM
I use the Exmark side bagger. Works pretty good. About $300.

Kevin

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey Lazer Z, I have only used it once and it was ok, great may have been a little much. I have not used it except that one time but what happens when you fill it with wet grass. I will mainly only use the bag durring the fall. It is too much of a pain to take off the mulch kit. Please let me know so i won't waste the time trying it when i can just get the answer from you who is more experienced. Also, in wet grass do you just mow it twice then? Thanks, I am sorry to be so two sided on this issue. I think i'll just keep my mouth shut on this issue, sorry.

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 06:57 AM
I don't want to be rude but the Grass Gobblers suck. I have one and I hate it with a passion fill it up with wet not damp but full on WET grass and tell me you still like it.

My next bagger is going to an Accelerator it's going to cost me $500+ but it's aluminum and it's lighter than the GG's.

Just my $.02

Rob

Dont forget the extension. For leaves its a must!!!!!!!!!

hamsey
08-15-2005, 07:51 AM
My dealer carries Exmark and Accelerator. Price difference is about $60. Will the Accelerator fit TTHP without modifications?

I just checked out the Grass Gobbler. Not much information on their website.

Norm

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 07:58 AM
My dealer carries Exmark and Accelerator. Price difference is about $60. Will the Accelerator fit TTHP without modifications?

Norm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KathysLGC
08-15-2005, 08:47 AM
I got my Accelerator from Bethel power and it cost me $440. I got the 6.2 and it packs full but this fall I will be getting the dust cover for it. When it's full with wet leaves/grass it probably weighs about 60lbs. Empty it's about 10lbs.. Very easy to put on and pull off. Fits perfect.

Lazer_Z
08-15-2005, 11:47 AM
John,Thanks for reminding me :) .

mcw, The main problem with the GG is weight I have no idea how much one is empty but, I would guesstimate about 50 or so lb's now full of THICK not wet but thick grass it weighs to me about 100 lb's. The other thing I don't like is you have to have a special bracket now with the Accelerator it's a simple on and off operation no bracket required. Like I said I personally don't like them but, it may fit what you do just fine. Also for me it seems to fill up way too fast although I have the smaller of the 2 for a 36" deck.

As far as wet grass goes yes I do have to double cut it but, like I said I don't bag that often. The only times I bag are 1 if a customer is having a party or a family type get together and 2 in the fall. My #1 is so that people that are going in and out of the house don't drag clippings into the customers house.

P.S. Bagging wet grass sucks no matter what you use. Well cutting wet grass sucks too.

Rob

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the warnign. Now i deffinatly won't waste my time taking off the mulch kit to bag when i can just double mow. If i have to bag then i will use the hondas. I did notice on saturday that the bag filled up kind of quickly for its size. Thanks! Also, what is good about the accelerator bags. Maybe i'll try one of those! could you give me a link to there site if you have it so i can check it out, thanks!

Lazer_Z
08-15-2005, 12:07 PM
mcw,Let me ask you a question do you use your bagger a lot? If you answer no then just stay with what works for ya man and that would be the mulch kit and the GG but, if you plan on doing a lot of bagging and think you can swing for the Accelerator than by all means go for it. If you scroll down while on the main page of LS you will see a bunch of different manufactures of equipment and such and Accelerator is at the very top. It is called Manufacture Sponsored Forums.

Hope this helps.

Rob

P.S. good luck with your new mower I'm also an eXmark fan if you could'nt already tell. Hopefully before summer is over I'll have a brand new TTHP.

LCME
08-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I use the Exmark side bagger. Works pretty good. About $300.

Kevin
i do not bag much. but when i need to bag the exmark side bagger works for me. good enough for lite bagging. for heavy bagging you need the trac vac or something similar. try gator blades with your bagger.

Itsgottobegreen
08-15-2005, 12:30 PM
I had a exmark grass catcher. Never again. Tears so easly and the mounting plate sticks out 2". Replaced it with a grassgobbler and love it.

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey lazer z, i checked it out and that looks awsome. Even better my dealer that is 5 mins away sells them! I'll go check em out this weekend and maybe get one this fall or next spring. Thanks!

Stripe This
08-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Accelerator hands down is the best we've used. Great clearance from the ground, light, easy to use, and zero modifications with any Exmark deck. It's worth the extra money.

iluvscag
08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Accelerator. :)

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Accelerator hands down is the best we've used. Great clearance from the ground, light, easy to use, and zero modifications with any Exmark deck. It's worth the extra money.

Yeah!! What ST said :waving: Hows it going Bud.

John

Lazer_Z
08-15-2005, 08:37 PM
mcw,Glad I could help ya good luck man and why don't ya try and get some pics up of your stuff? I'll be doing that shortly I just have to get everything together the picture will also include my 2 newest toys a STIHL HT101 Pole Saw and an MS260 AKA 026 for the old schoolers.

Rob

Hey John, Have you gotten any new "toys" this year? I know how you like your eXmarks lol :) .

hamsey
08-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the replies :D I called my dealer and they are holding the Accelerator bag for me.

Norm

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the replies :D I called my dealer and they are holding the Accelerator bag for me.

Norm

Let us know when you try it :waving:

Stripe This
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
All is well on my end John...good to hear from ya. Is that Lazer HP still looking for a new home?

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
All is well on my end John...good to hear from ya. Is that Lazer HP still looking for a new home?

No but you never know. i put the trac-vac on it but i took it off because theres no grass to cut because of no rain.

I'll let you know first like i always do. Tell your dad and brother hello.