PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this trailer?

topsites
08-14-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200244924&R=200244924

I'm thinking of buying it to save fuel, it's SO light (300 lbs.) I'm half-tempted to put a hitch on my car to haul it around with trimmer + blower + mower but am worried about it looking unpro...
Still I could skip the bit with the car so long I can put that 1000lb. 6x12 to rest for big jobs, I think this little 5x8 would save fuel, what do y'all think of how durable it is, think it would fly apart ? The tires have me a bit worried, too, can one put bigger tires on these things ?

out4now
08-14-2005, 09:36 PM
A guy here has one like that behind a 2 wheel drive Tacoma xrta cab. Just has a 21 and basic tools on it.
Behind a car I think it would scream desperate for $ to a customer and they would try and jerk you around a lot on price.
I noticed his seems to bounce a lot but some of our roads aren' t the best because they get torn up for construction often.

Itsgottobegreen
08-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I won't bother with a that trailer. It won't save you that much on fuel. Don't kill your professional image over a little bit of fuel savings.

all ferris
08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
That thing is smaller than a pick up bed.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
that trailer looks like a P O S...........MAYBE GOOD FOR A 21" AND A COOLER FULL OF ICE AND GATORADE

topsites
08-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Ok thanks for the input, I'll haul the 6x12 around some more :rolleyes:

yrdandgardenhandyman
08-15-2005, 01:32 AM
that trailer looks like a P O S...........MAYBE GOOD FOR A 21" AND A COOLER FULL OF ICE AND GATORADE

I had one and it IS basically a POS. At least with anything heavier than a small lawn tractor. The expanded steel was just tack welded and began curling up. Also, with a light load it does tend to bounce.
I sold it to my neighbor and he rigged it to haul 2 motorcycles. Works pretty well for that.

topsites
08-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah I went and looked at it today and it is pretty flimsy, the whole bed is covered with the same chicken-wire like material they used on my 6x12's gate and I know this stuff will bend and dent and rip up with time but what bothered me the most is when I got up in it and walked around, the whole frame would bend with just my weight. Then the wheels / tires look like they won't hold up to no 10-20k miles / year, you are right it is good for hauling a few things like on a weekend trip.