PDA

View Full Version : laef vac question

green thum
08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
This is my first season doing fall clean ups and was wonering if anyone uses a leaf vac?I am looking at a billy goat with the extendable hose for getting in beds.thanks for the help.

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I have the billy goat. Don't waste the money on the hose, it sucks. You loose so much vacuum power by having it on there too. I tried it on mine and took it off after the first job. You are MUCH better off blowing out the beds with a blower onto the lawn then vacuuming up the lawn with the billy goat. I like mine a lot, it saved a lot of time too. Good Luck Oh, don't wast the money on the shreddrer kit either. It sucks too, it will clog no matter what! Believe me, i know that one by experience!

Hometown
08-14-2005, 11:49 PM
I use a billy goat but only as a truck loader. I have a 8hp model and the hose kit and it loads all the debris I can feed it into my 8ft dump.They sell a hose and adapter kit to convert (my model) into a truck loader and it works for me great I would not go back to bagging the stuff again or trying to load it by tarps or by hand.

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Wait, are you talking about a leaf vac that you walk behind to vac up leaves or something attached to your truck or trailer. If you are talking about a leaf vac that you walk behind around a yard and vac up the leaves than my first post applies but if it is other than that then i have no idea. look at my signiture thats what i have. 5.5hp B&S engine. Good Luck!

green thum
08-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Sorry to be so vauge,I'm talking about a leaf vac you walk behind.thanks again!