PDA

View Full Version : Weeds in flower beds

bohiaa
08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
What to spray in flower beds that wont kill the flowers....

"all types of weeds in them"

ArizPestWeed
08-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Water , fertilizer

RyanD
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
meaning there is nothing? Or meaning water and fert would take care of the problem?

josh mcguire
12-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Well I would start w/ a pre emergent in the spring and follow that up every 90 days. That should keep them out of there. There is no selective weed control that will kill the weeds and not hurt the flowers.

teeca
12-16-2005, 08:35 PM
how many flowers are there now? is the bed even worth saving? would it be just as cost effective to use round up and spray'm all and start over? then you can use pendulm 3.3ec for pre-m of the grass'y weeds and gallary for the pre-m of the broadleaf weeds. i use this on an every 6 week service and hand weed is almost none!

ArizPestWeed
12-18-2005, 01:15 AM
meaning there is nothing? Or meaning water and fert would take care of the problem?
Meaning water & fert wont hurt 'em

turf hokie
12-18-2005, 10:47 AM
If it is an annual flower bed, looks like hand pulling. Pre-emergent will stunt the roots of the annuals.

Fert and water is actually a decent answer if it is an annual bed. This will create a thicker cover, blocking sunlight from the weeds......

If it is a landscape bed, I use dimension ec with round-up. Yes, dimension is much more expensive than pendimethlin. But, so is mrs jones brand new paver sidewalk and white pvc fence that will get stained yellow.