PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with 26HP Liquid Cooled Kawasaki?

MBDiagMan
08-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Has anyone run one of these engines over the long haul? It seems like a liquid cooled engine should last longer.

Any experience to share?

Thanks for your comments and have a great day,
Doc

iluvscag
08-15-2005, 08:08 PM
We have 2 29 Horsepower Liquid Cooled DFI Scags. I will take the liquid cooleds over the Air Cooled any day. :)

Travis Followell
08-16-2005, 06:31 PM
We have one on a Ferris with a 100 hrs on it so far. It's got plenty of power to run a 60" deck but I definately wouldn't want one on a 72". It will burn a little less gas than an air cooled which I like and it's a lot quieter. So quiet that I can hear my cell phone ring when i'm mowing. It should last twice as long as an air cooled engine.

TClawn
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
We have 2 29 Horsepower Liquid Cooled DFI Scags. I will take the liquid cooleds over the Air Cooled any day. :)

does DFI stand for digital fuel injection?

if you own an air cooled, or carbed engine, does it not bog like a carbed engine will? I.E. it dumps more gas in when it is bogging.

Envy Lawn Service
08-16-2005, 06:48 PM
We have one on a Ferris with a 100 hrs on it so far. It's got plenty of power to run a 60" deck but I definately wouldn't want one on a 72". It will burn a little less gas than an air cooled which I like and it's a lot quieter. So quiet that I can hear my cell phone ring when i'm mowing. It should last twice as long as an air cooled engine.

I said before they came out that if they would make a simple compact verticle with canister air filtration that produced 25hp or more that it would be a big hit.

I haven't had the opportunity or the urge to try one for myself yet.
But I'm sure they are really great and will be a big hit because they'll fit most mowers.

MBDiagMan
08-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the responses. I bought a Bad Boy Lightening Z with the 26HP Kawasaki Liquid Cooled. I hope to pick it up early next week.

I really don't know if it is DFI or carbureted. Hopefully I won't be posting any bad news about it at any point in the future.

Again, thanks for the feedback,
Doc

Texas Mower Parts
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
It has a carb. Kawi DFI's are only 29 hp.

MBDiagMan
08-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I made my buying decision before it appeared that it might be a fuel injected engine.

Have a great day,
Doc