PDA

View Full Version : power trac?????????

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Has anybody used one of the smaller commercial model, i think its a 25hp 4 wheel drive one. it is the pt-425.

John

cantoo
08-15-2005, 11:14 PM
John, are these like the Steiners? I have two of them for various jobs mostly spraying and fertilizing.

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 07:13 AM
John, are these like the Steiners? I have two of them for various jobs mostly spraying and fertilizing.

I dont think so. They have been out for a while. i'll post a pic.

Thanks

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 07:41 AM
I dont think so. They have been out for a while. i'll post a pic.

Thanks

It has 40 attachments

YardPro
08-16-2005, 08:16 AM
i was talking to a rental guy last week who had two of them...

he really liked the machine EXCEPT that ALL PARTS had to be ordered from power track......

i'd personally buy a dingo type machine instead.

those things have a max 1000lbs capacity and only run 8 mph.
my dingo will lift 1500lbs and travels at 5 mph, and is much more maneuverable.

mmacsek
08-16-2005, 08:19 AM
John,
I never personally but when i was still PT a co worker had one. He loved the machine. No problems and a great company to deal with. The mower attachment didn't have the same quality of cut as "our" mowers but still okay. He was very pleased. The only thing is lack of local dealers. Matt

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
i was talking to a rental guy last week who had two of them...

he really liked the machine EXCEPT that ALL PARTS had to be ordered from power track......

i'd personally buy a dingo type machine instead.

those things have a max 1000lbs capacity and only run 8 mph.
my dingo will lift 1500lbs and travels at 5 mph, and is much more maneuverable.

Do you know what they cost? Or about what they cost. I think because i would have to pick it up or ship it the dingo might be the ticket.

John

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
John,
I never personally but when i was still PT a co worker had one. He loved the machine. No problems and a great company to deal with. The mower attachment didn't have the same quality of cut as "our" mowers but still okay. He was very pleased. The only thing is lack of local dealers. Matt

Hay Matt :waving:

No dealers does have it problems. Also if i would like to add attachments i would have to ship them :cry:

John

Pumper
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
John,

If I understand it right, you can contact the company direct and buy from them. They sell either the pieces individually or they will outfit a trailer with the machine and whatever attachments you want. Good luck with whatever you find works best for you.