PDA

View Full Version : Edging

DAZ982500
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I just purchased a new TroyBuilt trimmer edger.Igot it from and guy who started his business then decided to go South.Anyway, he bought it for 160 he sold it 115, never used.My question is I have never had a customer request this service, how/what do you charge for this service and how do you sell it, as well as when(spring I am assumming).Dave.By the way I don't usually by cheap stuff, this looks to be lower quality but not knowing whether it would be used alot I thought why buy an expensive piece if you never use it.

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I do it as part of the reagular weekly lawn service. I have never had anyone ask me to do it but the first time i did it on someones prop, they noticed and were VERY pleased. I just use my trimmer to make the edge.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-16-2005, 01:20 AM
I just purchased a new TroyBuilt trimmer edger.Igot it from and guy who started his business then decided to go South.Anyway, he bought it for 160 he sold it 115, never used.My question is I have never had a customer request this service, how/what do you charge for this service and how do you sell it, as well as when(spring I am assumming).Dave.By the way I don't usually by cheap stuff, this looks to be lower quality but not knowing whether it would be used alot I thought why buy an expensive piece if you never use it.
You say you usually don't buy cheap stuff, but you don't even edge? What kind of lawn service are you? I just use the Weed Eater blade attachment on my Toro Trimmer and edge with the blades in alot of situations. If the grass isn't grown all the way against the sidewalk, a slant with the trimmer looks better. Edgers work better for flower beds.