PDA

View Full Version : Need trimmer rack suggestions

Cimarron Landscape
08-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,
I've got a tiny 4x8 open trailer with 4' plywood siding all around. I'm looking into getting a trimmer rack for 3 trimmers. I only have 2 now, but expect to get another soon. What rack do you guys reccomend, and where can I get one? I'm also intrested in getting a backpack blower rack, but that may have to wait depending on the price.
Where do most of you mount the trimmers? I've seen a few in the front, but why?
Thanks.
~Brian

TURF DOCTOR
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Preco supply has a 3 trimmer rack 69 bux.

hole in one lco
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
On the curb side i triad the front but you hit your shin ones and youll move it
I built my own

lawnmaniac883
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Prolockers.

lwcmattlifter
08-15-2005, 09:03 PM
I have the trimmer trap rack that holds three. It works great but over time the rubber cushions that hold the equipment wear out and if you don't replace them the rack can wear holes into the trimmer shaft. Mine are older so maybe they have changed the design. Otherwise it's a great piece of equipment.

mcwlandscaping
08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I have learned (from this site) that the best place to put the rack is on the passenger side so when you park, the trimmers will be on the curb side and not the traffic side. Trimmer Trap:

www.trimmertrap.com

jimmbo407
08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Dearborne trailers sell trimmer, backpack blower racks and gas can racks on ebay. Just to a search for weedeater rack or dearborne trailers. I mounted mine on the front after being on the passenger side since I somtimes park on both sides of the street so I can keep my truck clean.

Fubba
08-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Got mine from Horton Iron Works for $40 but then again I have connections. They're not putting them on retail. As said before...check Ebay...they have some good stuff.

lawncare4u
08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Jungle Jim has a package deal....3 trimmer rack with a line holer that mounts to it,2 back pack blower rack and a water cooler rack!I think it's aroud $299.00/You can get a tool holder that mounts inside the trimmer rack $79.95.Thet also offer a back pack sprayer rack for $39.95.This may seem pricey,however it is made from square tubeing and is powder coated.It is well built and worth the money.Do a search on thisTheir web site is www.junglejimsap.com Hope this helps you out! :cool:

Howie's Lawn Care
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Preco supply has a 3 trimmer rack 69 bux.
All I saw was a rack for an enclosed trailer...

Bulletproof
08-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Jungle Jim has a package deal....3 trimmer rack with a line holer that mounts to it,2 back pack blower rack and a water cooler rack!I think it's aroud $299.00/You can get a tool holder that mounts inside the trimmer rack $79.95.Thet also offer a back pack sprayer rack for $39.95.This may seem pricey,however it is made from square tubeing and is powder coated.It is well built and worth the money.Do a search on thisTheir web site is www.junglejimsap.com Hope this helps you out! :cool:

That's almost our setup from JJ's.. Didn't know about that deal though. Great racks

naturescape
08-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Gridiron racks. Customize however you want, add to it, etc.

novaecorp.com