PDA

View Full Version : whos falt is this?

bobbygedd
08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
mowing a customers property this evening.......he was in the back yard, bbquing chicken. i came around the corner of the house, blowing off the walkway, redmax going full blast, as i turn the corner...oops, blew grass and dirt all over his chicken. he got mad, "what are you doing? can't you watch what you are doing?" i said, "yo, i got a piece of equipment going full blast, and headphones on. didn't you hear me comming? you should have put the top down on the grill. now get outta my way, i got chit to do." some people got nerve. what would you have said?

hole in one lco
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
well if you ant going to eat it i will thank you

Jpocket
08-15-2005, 09:49 PM
You said you were ther in the evening correct? Then you are wrong you shouldn't be there late in the evenings when clients are home trying to relax.
I'd say if it was past 5:30 or so and it wasn't your usual toime to service i'd definitely say it's your fault

WhohasHelios?
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Who cares whos fault it is...if thats actually what you said to him I hope they get a new company.

bobbygedd
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
You said you were ther in the evening correct? Then you are wrong you shouldn't be there late in the evenings when clients are home trying to relax.
I'd say if it was past 5:30 or so and it wasn't your usual toime to service i'd definitely say it's your fault
yea, like there is nothing else i'd rather be doing at 7 pm. i sure hope the lord can forgive me ;)

HighGrass
08-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I think you already know but let me take a stab at it. You are. You are the operator so you are responsible. You have not only the knowledge of the equipment, but the understanding of it's misuse. He's simply an inocent, chicken toting, bbq sauce painting, grill tending american. What's he know about blowers?

Though, I can't say that my response (at least initially) would have been any different then yours. I might have said something like, "Hey, what do use Masterpiece? I would'nt serve that stuff to a farmers pigs. Dude, you gotta switch brands! You're lucky I saved you before you ate it!"

Howie's Lawn Care
08-15-2005, 09:57 PM
yea, like there is nothing else i'd rather be doing at 7 pm. i sure hope the lord can forgive me ;)
Did you really say that to him?

Howard Roark
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Bobby you have more issues than my ex girlfriend.

Do you ever just have a normal day? :)

bobbygedd
08-15-2005, 10:03 PM

one time i did, then it got screwed up

lawncare4u
08-15-2005, 10:05 PM

No he doesn't..I thinkhe spends his day's thinking about some BULL SH$$ to put on here that has nothing to do with being a profesinol!Just my PO! :waving:

Scotts' Yard Care
08-15-2005, 10:10 PM
you're a treat :D If only the real world worked like the one you live in :blob3:

kellroy
08-15-2005, 10:10 PM
mowing a customers property this evening.......he was in the back yard, bbquing chicken. i came around the corner of the house, blowing off the walkway, redmax going full blast, as i turn the corner...oops, blew grass and dirt all over his chicken. he got mad, "what are you doing? can't you watch what you are doing?" i said, "yo, i got a piece of equipment going full blast, and headphones on. didn't you hear me comming? you should have put the top down on the grill. now get outta my way, i got chit to do." some people got nerve. what would you have said?

I can't understand what got in to you. :dizzy: with your personality you should be running for mayor :laugh:

kellroy

sheshovel
08-15-2005, 10:13 PM
No he doesn't..I thinkhe spends his day's thinking about some BULL SH$$ to put on here that has nothing to do with being a profesinol!Just my PO! :waving:

BINGO BABY! This is a smart one here!

bobbygedd
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
BINGO BABY! This is a smart one here!
isn't it time for your steriod shot?

Flex-Deck
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
After all the anti bobbygedd posts, and I was one of them, I finally challenged him to call me - to find out if he was real. I had no idea how to take him. Now I have a whole new perspective of this site, and some of the people on it. Here are some of the things I have come to realize.

1. He called - we talked - he is real.
2. He has a sense of humor that bypasses most of us.
3. IMO he makes up a lot of the threads, but it certainly is more entertaining, and propogates posts that do actually have information in them, than the posts that say " Which ZTR is the BEST" "How much do you charge" "Who is better - Dixie or Hustler" etc. etc. etc.

How about some of these titles to threads?
"How do you maximize your machines and employees time?"
"What do you do to mow the most accounts in least time?"
"I need to mow more accounts with fewer mowers and employees - anyone have any ideas?"
"Hey - I need to cut my overhead and make more profit - any ideas?"
"Hey - I love mowing, but can't seem to make any money at it - How do I do that?"

quiet
08-15-2005, 10:49 PM
...and I happen to agree with Bobby on this one. When the lawn service arrives is not the time to go outside and begin outdoor activities.

With mowers, trimmers, and even blowers generating dust, debris, and projectiles of all sizes, bystanders are in danger.

It's not like we sneak up on anyone. And how much would he have bitched if the clippings weren't blown off?

I'm very accommodating to my customers, but they can't put you in lose-lose situation and then complain.

lawn_jockey
08-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Bobbygedd just says the things I would love to say if I didn't desperately need the money of my clients. payup

bugspit
08-16-2005, 01:58 AM
you're at fault (notice spelling), the customer is always right.

Did you not notice him or smell the grill when you were mowing or trimming? If not, you are not a very observant person, possibly daydreaming about your next post?

I've got two lots side by side, at one house the lady had hung clothes out to dry in the back yard, when I finished the front I noticed the clothes. I stopped and told her I'll move next door until you have time to get your clothes off the line. She forgot they were out there and thanked me.

I got a $10.00 tip from her for being observant and considerate. :waving:

alwaysgreener
08-16-2005, 06:45 AM
What is the name of bobbygedd business? is he real or what :)

YardPro
08-16-2005, 07:11 AM

darn bobby,

i thought you didn't work late??? i remember you preaching about how working those kinds of hours were for suckers.......

Mo Green
08-16-2005, 07:13 AM
What is the name of bobbygedd business? is he real or what :)
Yeah, he's real. His busines is called "Oompa Loompa Lawn and Landscape".

mowdini
08-16-2005, 07:17 AM
You were definitely wrong!!! First off being there mowing so late at night and second of all the attitude you got with the guy for screwing up his dinner. I think an apology would have been the order of the day. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Mowing Mike
08-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Bobby I thought you did only the mowing and your second crew did the blowing and trimming.

Yes you the operator are responsible for the operation of the equipment and any damage done. Why would you blow things where first you can not see?

Mike

bobbygedd
08-16-2005, 08:52 AM
well, it went down like this....we planned a small vacation. grass aint growing, so i laid the guys off for a few days. our vacation was cut short by something unexpected, so, when i came back, i decided to do some work.

King City Lawns
08-16-2005, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=bobbygedd]mowing a customers property this evening.......

What happened to the elaborate new system of 2 crews and being done early?

Remsen1
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Bobby, are you on the trim crew now? Just wondering why you were running a blower?

I'd say this one was your fault. You always need to be aware of where your debris is flying and assess the consequences.

Did this really happen?

freddyc
08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't believe that this actually happened. I think you are trolling here.

If it did happen, he should fire you immediately.

Sorry but that's my opinion.

OrganicBob
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I think it is funny how serious everyone takes these posts. I mean legit questions deserve legit responses. The bbq guy was pretty dumb, and bobby made a mistake. That is if this really even happened. The true story went down like this. Bobby got held up at a Burger King because they didn't put enough mayonaise on his Whopper. He was late to his last stop and he figured "what the hell" he did a quick mow job, probably a poor one at that. The guy at the house got hungry and put his food on the grill while bobby was putting up his mower and grabbing the blower off the truck. Bobby rounded the corner, ruined dinner, guy got mad (rightfully so), bobby instantly fell to his knees, begging forgiveness, feeling stupid and what not. He ate the mow cost, giving the guy a free cut, begged him not to cancel because if he did then bobby wouldn't have any customers left. The guy granted pardon. Bobby came home and got on Lawnsite and tried to make himself look like billy bad a$$.

Now that's what really happened isn't it? :cool:

bigz1001
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Who cares whos fault it is...if thats actually what you said to him I hope they get a new company.

I agree, I have no use for any person with an attitude like that.

ToroLover
08-16-2005, 11:22 AM
well, it went down like this....we planned a small vacation. our vacation was cut short by something unexpected,......
Really? If I'm not mistaken your machine said and I quote, "due to severe drought conditions, grass cutting will not be done this week, if you want your grass cut leave your name, and your lawn will be cut on Monday." So how short was the vacation cut by, an hour? :waving:

Howie's Lawn Care
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
What is the real name of your business? Please tell me, I must know! If you don't tell me, I'll go on a rampage with my blower!

bobbygedd
08-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Really? If I'm not mistaken your machine said and I quote, "due to severe drought conditions, grass cutting will not be done this week, if you want your grass cut leave your name, and your lawn will be cut on Monday." So how short was the vacation cut by, an hour? :waving:
i see the football team finally left, allowing you time to post. my machine.... nosey nosey nosey. actually we left friday evening, and had to come back sunday evening. we were originally scheduled to stay the week, but, chit happens. yes , remsen, it really happened.

MBDiagMan
08-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I suppose that I'm a very old fashioned guy and my comment will probably prove that.

Within reasonable limits "the customer is always right." If it would have been me, I would have apologized and asked if I could go to the store and get him some more chicken.

Problems are opportunities. Once this happened everyone there knew that it was not intentional. By apologizing, being courteous to the customer and offering to replace the spoiled chicken, which he probably would not have taken you up on such an offer, you had an opportunity to make a customer for life.

In my way of thinking, you blew it.

Sorry for the frankness,
Doc

Pro-Scapes
08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Was he cookin when you cut? I would still have to venture to say its your fault because you did it. The bbq man was prolly clueless. Just wash the chicken off and toss it back on the grill.

When all else fails use the shovel. Leave no witnesses. I always point my blower straight up in the air when walking around blind corners. Just how I was taught and it became habit. Just like wearing saftey glasses. I make my help wear em too. If tthey get caught trimming or somethin without em they get reamed and told if it becomes a problem they won't be helping any longer.

HighGrass
08-16-2005, 10:12 PM
you're at fault (notice spelling), the customer is always right.

Did you not notice.... Snip, Snip .......

I got a $10.00 tip from her for being observant and considerate. :waving:
“The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies — civilians and military — is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip.”

I think you might want to clarify or at least add a little something here. Someone with not enough ambition (to read through the rest of your links) might get the wrong idea.

Steve9
08-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Tell him no charge for the salad and keep moving...

kleankutslawn
08-17-2005, 12:19 AM
lol. at least replace the chicken

Something D
08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
I was just wondering if he offered you a piece of chicken. If he did not then he is a PITA and he deserved to have grass clippings on the chicken and should be dropped.

bobbygedd
08-17-2005, 07:41 AM
I was just wondering if he offered you a piece of chicken. If he did not then he is a PITA and he deserved to have grass clippings on the chicken and should be dropped.
he offered no chicken, and this pizzed me off. the smell of the chicken cooking while i was mowing was making me hungry. now that i think of it, he deserved dirty chicken

wojo23323
08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
You are at fault. Rinse off his chicken and slap some bbq sauce on it. just like new. mmmmmmmm

jtrice11
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM

What the hell does "falt" mean?

bugspit
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
“The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies — civilians and military — is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip.”

I think you might want to clarify or at least add a little something here. Someone with not enough ambition (to read through the rest of your links) might get the wrong idea.

Though some might think this quote is from yet another left-wing wacko but, it is from none other than OBL.
And you my friend are the only one who has cared question it. :drinkup:

Ray & Karen
08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
"It is what it is!"

The customer obviously doesn't know much about lawn care....if he did, he wouldn't need you. Some people walk through life in a daze! You just happen to mow grass for one of them.

Reliable Lawn Care
08-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I think you already know but let me take a stab at it. You are. You are the operator so you are responsible. You have not only the knowledge of the equipment, but the understanding of it's misuse. He's simply an inocent, chicken toting, bbq sauce painting, grill tending american. What's he know about blowers?

Though, I can't say that my response (at least initially) would have been any different then yours. I might have said something like, "Hey, what do use Masterpiece? I would'nt serve that stuff to a farmers pigs. Dude, you gotta switch brands! You're lucky I saved you before you ate it!"

Now that is funny stuff!

Reliable Lawn Care
08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Tell him no charge for the salad and keep moving...

I hear ya cluckin little chicken!

Mancinioldhorse
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Right...I'm sure you walked around a corner and didn't see the BBq....didn't smell anything or see anyone standing there.Like when you use a blower your head is straight down....:nono:

You must really be hard up for attention to just sit on your dead behind and make this garbage up everyday!

bobbygedd
08-17-2005, 05:52 PM
And You, Read It!!!!!

lawnguyland
08-17-2005, 08:29 PM
It's all funny. Pure entertainment.

Your fault. His too. You're both half wrong.