PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating sound

Prasino
03-10-2001, 10:58 PM
I have a 93 ford f350 xlt automatic. I have a problem, seems that when i hit around 45 mph the truck starts to vibrate. It sometimes happens when i push the throttle down at 65mph. Please Help Me

HC
03-13-2001, 05:02 PM
Check your rear U-joint. Have someone shift from drive to reverse while you look at it (from the side of course!). Then get underneath with a screwdriver or small pry bar and see if there is any movement. If none then get your tires balanced and rotated. If still there you might have a tranny problem. I would bet it is your u-joint tho.
Pat

RTallday
03-13-2001, 10:51 PM
Ok, first off, i am a CHEVY MAN, but i am also a mechenic. I would check the U joints in the rear driveshaft, it is PROBABLY one of them, that is assuming you have more than one U joint in there. I would just drop the driveshaft and feel the u joints. The shaft is easy enough to remove. When it is totally out, put it on a bench and the joints should move very freely. If they hang up, like if the spline doesnt fall from its own weight, then replace them. Understand? I hope i explained that well, cause i can see it, but i dont know how to tell about what i see. HC also had a good point about getting the tires re-balanced if the u joints arent the cause. If its not either of those, start looking into a transmission. Hope i was of some help.

-Rich

Prasino
03-14-2001, 12:14 PM
Thank you for your help. I have a mechanic who is a close freind of mine, he will check it out soon. I hope it isnt the tranny.

waterchikn
03-20-2001, 10:20 PM
Torque Converter...maybe. A friend of mine had a very similar happening to his rig...it was the torque converter going on it.... Just an idea