PDA

View Full Version : Scag dies when blades are engaged when left handle is pulled in - help.

tsh1773
08-16-2005, 01:55 PM
On my 04 Scag Tiger Cub, yesterday I unloaded, tried to start the blades with both handles pulled in and it wanted to choke down. At first thought it need to warm up some. Put both handles out in full neutral position and blades engaged properly. Thought maybe water had gotten in one of the connections somewhere. By trial and error I unplugged the wire that goes to the park brake and everything works fine. Only problem is I have to plug it back in to start it. What could be causing this problem. It's had plenty of time to dry out from its bath on Sunday.

chimmygew
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
faulty safety switch.

i_plant_art
08-16-2005, 02:17 PM
do the blades come on and it chokes out or do they not even come on at all...(just cuts off) if the wont even come on at all then u have a faultysafety switch(on the brake or maybe even on the seat.), or the parking brake was on ( i know on my exmark the blades dont/wont run with the parking brake on) if they come on and choke down some then you either have a clogged fuel line or clogged fuel filter. Replace the filer, and take the fuel line off and blow it out. then put it back on. you should be fine after this

tsh1773
08-16-2005, 02:26 PM
The blades come on and turn fine until I take the left side out of neutral. I dont think its a filter problem because it ran fine and cut fine once I disconnected the parking brake connector. Normally the blades turn on with or without the brake on. The only time it normally tries to choke down is when I try to get off the seat when the blades are on.

scagwildcat
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
bad safety switch!!!! more likely to be the one on your controls