PDA

View Full Version : Stihl 4-mix fuel consumption

6'7 330
08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
The break-in period, our 4-mixes contrary to what Stihl advertised, consumed more two-cycle gas then their two cycle Stihl counter parts. After break in, fuel economy did pick up, but fuel consumption is no better then the two-cycle Stihl products they replaced.

So how about it, Stihl owners with 4-mix trimmers, edger’s etc, Is your two-cycle fuel consumption up, down or no better then comparable two cycle products.

65hoss
08-16-2005, 05:54 PM
The break-in period, our 4-mixes contrary to what Stihl advertised, consumed more two-cycle gas then their two cycle Stihl counter parts. After break in, fuel economy did pick up, but fuel consumption is no better then the two-cycle Stihl products they replaced.

So how about it, Stihl owners with 4-mix trimmers, edger’s etc, Is your two-cycle fuel consumption up, down or no better then comparable two cycle products.
Jack and I discussed this a few times. The 4-mix does NOT get better fuel economy. The power is better, but you don't buy these if you are looking at better fuel savings.

6'7 330
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Jack and I discussed this a few times. The 4-mix does NOT get better fuel economy. The power is better, but you don't buy these if you are looking at better fuel savings.

I agree power and grunt (Even if my mum was burdened with baring a child that grew up to be very stupid, Guess who coined that epitaph lol ), is well worth the tradeoff in fuel consumption. But I was wondering if anybody had found, the Stihl fuel consumption claims to be true.

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow

John

65hoss
08-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow

John
You mean you are going to work tomorrow? haha

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
You mean you are going to work tomorrow? haha

IT happens :cry: Howdy :waving:

John

Lazer_Z
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
If I may I'd like to add my $.02 for what it's worth. I agree with the power comment my FC110 has some serious power to it and it does seem to "drink" a little more that the rest of my machines but,I also go through mix like a mad man because every thing 2cycle runs on Stihl mix I have a Stihl FC110,Echo SRM2601,Shindaiwa T230,Echo PB650,Stihl 025 & MS 260 Pro chain saws, HT 101 pole pruner and an Echo ES 2100 hand held blower. And of all of them I think the 650 and FC110 "drink" the most. This again is just my $.02 I'm sure others may have things a little different but,I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

Rob

John Gamba
08-16-2005, 07:31 PM
If I may I'd like to add my $.02 for what it's worth. I agree with the power comment my FC110 has some serious power to it and it does seem to "drink" a little more that the rest of my machines but,I also go through mix like a mad man because every thing 2cycle runs on Stihl mix I have a Stihl FC110,Echo SRM2601,Shindaiwa T230,Echo PB650,Stihl 025 & MS 260 Pro chain saws, HT 101 pole pruner and an Echo ES 2100 hand held blower. And of all of them I think the 650 and FC110 "drink" the most. This again is just my $.02 I'm sure others may have things a little different but,I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

Rob

Hay Rob

The things that drink the most give the most. In my book anyways.

John

Lazer_Z
08-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Hay Rob

The things that drink the most give the most. In my book anyways.

John
Very true John, I can't complain about one single purchase that I've made. Next season is going to be different though I'll hopefully have 2 new Red Max BCZ3000S trimmers and a new TTHP. I will still keep the Stihl but the Echo is going to be a back up and I'll probably sell off the Shinny almost forgot I'll also have 2 BP's the Echo 650 and a Red Max 7001. I may get yelled at here to buy BIG and go 8000 but I've already gone and thought it out for like 3 or more months now and I'm settled on the 7001 it more than fits my needs in a BP.

Rob

John Gamba
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM

Bill
I ran the 4mix for about a half hour then another half hour and the fuel consumption seems the same.

I think the add states that for the power,torque it gets better then the bigger two cycles.

I like the weed whacker alot. It does leave a nice cut and going threw the thick stuff is easy.

John

gqnine44
08-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Based on no scientific evidence - it seems to me that our 4 mix trimmers get better fuel economy than the FS85 trimmers. Maybe they have a bigger tank - I havnt checked.

John Gamba
08-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Based on no scientific evidence - it seems to me that our 4 mix trimmers get better fuel economy than the FS85 trimmers. Maybe they have a bigger tank - I havnt checked.

I think there the same size. They could be better, its close.

John