PDA

View Full Version : leaf season is coming soon

Drew Gemma
08-16-2005, 07:28 PM
What are we going to do differnt from last year? Lets here it and who uses their ztrs to pick up leaves is that worth it or just as easy to blow and suck em up.

Kelly's Landscaping
08-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Depends if you need to empty the mower 3-5 times then no big deal and I have a few that are that easy. But some of mine are surrounded by trees some have a few thousand and the leaves can be 4-8 inches deep on the ground before you start anything obviously emptying the trac vac 4 times in a pass would piss me off to much so in that case far easier to blow em then suck them up at the truck.

lqmustang
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Last year I used the wb and bagger, worked fairly well. This year I'll be doing the same, only with the ztr. Most of my customers I clear the leaves every week with the mow, so they generally don't get too thick.

mcwlandscaping
08-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Last year I used the wb and bagger, worked fairly well. This year I'll be doing the same, only with the ztr. Most of my customers I clear the leaves every week with the mow, so they generally don't get too thick.
same here, except this year with the eXmark, gonnna be easy compared to the honda.

AL Inc
08-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Pretty much the same as last year, we try to grind up as much as possible with the Stander, then run them through the truck loader. I am praying that we have a fall like last year, I was done a week before Christmas. My best finish ever.

nobagger
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Last season we used a Little Wonder HPV (it did not like wet leaves at all!) this season we got our hands on a Little Wonder blower 13hp! and Echo backpack blowers they should do some damage. And we are only blowing to the curbs this year because we hooked up with a LLC that has a truck mount vac and dump truck. We obviously won't get all the $$ but its going to be a lot eaiser! :p

bobbygedd
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
side discharge with meg mo's. didn't u see my pictures? what IS WRONG with you people??????

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-16-2005, 09:11 PM
side discharge with meg mo's. didn't u see my pictures? what IS WRONG with you people??????
Could you give me a link to the pictures?
I don't believe I saw them ;)

bobbygedd
08-16-2005, 09:13 PM
i don't know how to do "links" , i'm an ignorant lawnboy, remember? i believe though, the name of the thread was, "leaf cleanup with meg mo's"

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Well, I did a search and found a thread called cleaning leaves with my meg mo's
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87130
but found no pictures you refer to. As I was looking through the thread I realized, if you can't deal with a link, you probably can't handle pictures either.
Did I misunderstand your reference to pictures?

bobbygedd
08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, I did a search and found a thread called cleaning leaves with my meg mo's
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87130
but found no pictures you refer to. As I was looking through the thread I realized, if you can't deal with a link, you probably can't handle pictures either.
Did I misunderstand your reference to pictures?
i brought the thread back up. look on the forum.....it's called "meg mo cleanup with pics"

mkwl
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
I will do the same thing as last year. I blow all of the leaves off the lawn every week with my 10HP Little Wonder blower. I will mow the lawn every other week. I will do a final cleanup at the end of the season including blowing out all shrub beds, blowing off lawn, and mowing lawn. As long as I get to doing the leaves every week, the leaves never get very thick. The hard cleanups are the ones where people (not regular customers) call in the middle of November and ask for a leaf cleanup, you get to the job to find that the leaves haven't been done all season. These are the jobs (1 1/2 Acre+ lawns) where a bid can be between $600 and $1500. I like the fall. :waving:

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Oh, and Bobby, I withdraw what I said about you not being able to pictures if you couldn't do links. Must be a difference in terminology :)