PDA

View Full Version : A question...

mkwl
08-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I just got my Velke Pro 1 sulky mounted on my 48" Bob-Cat WB mower last Friday. I LOVE this thing!!! Lawns that used to take me 45 min to mow now take me only 30 min, with much less fatigue. Now the question...should I move the tensioner pulleys springs (that press down on the drive belts) down to the next hole down on the plate? There are 3 holes, and right now they are in the upper most hole. I thought I read somewhere that it should be moved down? Thanks in advance.

mkwl
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Anyone????????????

nobagger
08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Owners manual? or call a dealer. :waving:

mkwl
08-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Anyone else?????

MTR
08-17-2005, 04:51 PM
If you weigh close to 200#, at least the middle hole is what supposed to be. Be careful when moving boths bolts cause you HAVE to readjust both side of brakes and belts both sides down from pistol grip (pull hair pin, shaft, and rethread according to manual ).
Have fun.

mkwl
08-17-2005, 05:10 PM
If you weigh close to 200#, at least the middle hole is what supposed to be. Be careful when moving boths bolts cause you HAVE to readjust both side of brakes and belts both sides down from pistol grip (pull hair pin, shaft, and rethread according to manual ).
Have fun.

I only weigh 128 lbs. so should I move it down?

MTR
08-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I only weigh 128 lbs. so should I move it down?

If it is tight enough and drive belts catch pulley and drive wheels well, no need to. It really depends on how and where you will mow, if there are many hills for mower to climb, definitely you need to move down, and down the road, rain and usage will come into play and many cause slippage later.
I moved my 36" down to middle one, and it's been great cutting and climbing hill (no stepping on sulky, only crabwalking). It is tradeoff using belt walk, readjusting and such, the hydro doing nothing just cut.