PDA

View Full Version : software

big mike
03-11-2001, 01:50 AM
can anyone recommend any good lawn care software for bookkeeping or bidding,thank's
big mike

Guido
03-11-2001, 07:48 AM
Look into CLIP or LawnMonkey if your looking for industry specific software, but expect it to come with a heavy pricetag. I haven't used them but from what I gather around here they are both great programs and worth the big money. DO a search for either one and you will get tons of posts. You can also go to the turfmfg site Chuck has set up and talk directly to the manufacturer of CLIP ( I believe).

Hope this helps!

Fine Lines Lawn
03-15-2001, 09:48 PM
I am using the only bookkeeping software I have ever tried. QuickBooks Pro has always done everything I needed it to do and can customized to meet your specific needs. Quickbooks PRO is preferrable to this industry over Quickbooks, because it allows for creating estimates. I have no office staff in my company (except for myself) and this software really helps keep the bookkeeping from taking over my life. The 2000 edition of Quickbooks PRO sucked but now I'm using the 2001 edition, and it's a friendly office tool again. Email me if you'd like a free trial of the software sent to you.

Greenkeepers
03-16-2001, 02:32 PM
dITTO BILL..... QUICKBOOKS

dhicks
03-16-2001, 05:07 PM
Quickbooks Pro is the way to go.

cclllc
03-16-2001, 09:01 PM
We use quickbooks pro and clip.Great combo

eslawns
03-17-2001, 08:10 PM
I use CLIP Lite 50. It's about $250. You can get CLIP and Lawn Monkey to link with Quickbooks, which is very easy to use, but does not follow GAAP. So for the accounting, I use Peachtree. I have MS Office, but you can do almost anything you need with MSWorks for about $50 instead of the $400 for Office. If you have office, you can set it up to route and schedule. I think you need to make a macro, not exactly sure, but I do know it can be done. There's probably a tutorial.