PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on this?

plateau lawn care
08-17-2005, 08:24 PM
exmark lazer z hp 52in 23 hp. How does this mower discharge grass that stays wet until late in the afternoon on these humid days. When it is discharged does it disperse good or leave clumps ever so often. I have a lesco 48 w/b that doesn't impress me on wet grass although stripes are immaculant that doesn't help when you can't see them through the clumps.

plateau lawn care
08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
no one has any info on this

HighGrass
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
exmark lazer z hp 52in 23 hp. How does this mower discharge grass that stays wet until late in the afternoon on these humid days. When it is discharged does it disperse good or leave clumps ever so often. I have a lesco 48 w/b that doesn't impress me on wet grass although stripes are immaculant that doesn't help when you can't see them through the clumps.

I have the exact mower. I mow in MASS so even though it's been really humid lately, I only get some clumping (once every fourth row or so) in the morning and then only if it's heavy or crab grass. After about 10AM it seems to straighten out. For clumps, after I'm finished I just raise the deck an inch or so and then head down the rows that have clumps and they get despersed.

Some types of blades like gators tend to clump more for me in wet grass so i try and stick with low lifts.

let's face it, wet grass is a pain that just doesn't go away!

Jason Rose
08-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I owned that exact machine you describe. I tried S/D with it and had way more problems that it was worth. Dewey wet grass loads up under the deck bad and fast. I had clumps coming out of the chute, at least when it was actualy coming out at all... I was cutting at 3.5" taking off prolly 3 or so and was able to actually kill the engine from the deck loading up and not discharging it.

I was running reg. lift blades. I would have tried hi-lifts but the grass was already being thrown a full 3 passes over with the ones I had. It was impossible to control where the grass was being thrown all the time and I knew more lift would only make it worse. I tried doubles for abotu 5 minutes, but I'd guess that 50% of what I cut was going out the front of the deck and right onto me.

I ended up selling the machine. Maybe it was a lemon? I don't know, I had bought it used with low hours to use as a mulching mower. That didn't work out either... I guess I am one of the lucky stiffs that lives in "bag everything" country!