PDA

View Full Version : 9 acres of fungicide?

toxic man
08-18-2005, 12:09 PM
You guys with experience in dealing with large properties. How would you spread 9 acres worth of fungicide over a lawn? What is the most cost effective way? I have a couple of large skid sprayers in my arsenal?

Thanks,

Lou

GreenUtah
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
do it granular, make sure it gets watered in, in the proper window and wear protective gear, including a respirator. The fastest, most cost efficient way of doing a large property.

Grassmechanic
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I used to spray 40 acres of fairways with fungicides back in the golf course days. I used a Hahn Multi-Pro, which is basically a 150 gallon ride on sprayer with about a 15' boom. :waving:

Ric
08-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Toxic

I want to believe Liquid is not only a less expensive but more effective way of treating fungus. I like to add a penetrate type surfactant to the tank to increase the up take or Foliar absorption of the systemic fungicide. I believe granules are less effective in getting in to the Diseased roots. True, they are faster to spread.

lawnservice
08-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Toxic

I want to believe Liquid is not only a less expensive but more effective way of treating fungus. I like to add a penetrate type surfactant to the tank to increase the up take or Foliar absorption of the systemic fungicide. I believe granules are less effective in getting in to the Diseased roots. True, they are faster to spread.
yeah i agree

but what has me baffled is 9 acres???
what 'fungus' are you going after??
what type of site is this (is it a golf course?)
i would assume if the whole 9 acres are being treated then you are applying a preventative rate?
is it possible to spot treat at a curative rate?

Ric
08-18-2005, 05:00 PM
yeah i agree

but what has me baffled is 9 acres???
what 'fungus' are you going after??
what type of site is this (is it a golf course?)
i would assume if the whole 9 acres are being treated then you are applying a preventative rate?
is it possible to spot treat at a curative rate?

Lawn

I wasn't going to touch the IPM thing here, with a 10 ft pole. However if the conditions are right a preventive treatment could be a BMP. Best Management Practice

lawnservice
08-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Lawn

I wasn't going to touch the IPM thing here, with a 10 ft pole. However if the conditions are right a preventive treatment could be a BMP. Best Management Practice
yeah, i'm just curious.
i see the poster (toxic man) is from California and I'm curious to know what type of property this is, what fungus is his target, and does it really mean treating 9 acres?

just curious is all.

toxic man
08-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Well, I was contacted by one of my lco's and he said the owner of the property has ID the grass as fungus, he says the whole lawn is infected. I need to get to the property and evaluate the lawn, but it is a park which I know, way over waters. I was told the property is 18 acres, with half of it being infected ( remains to be seen ). So before I went to the property, I decided to get myself and my bid process in gear for all of the possibilities.

Thanks

Lou

GreenUtah
08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
ahhh..now see, he wasn't asking about highest results nor did he say he had a boom equipped vehicle. He said he had skid sprayers(handgunning) and wanted to know the most cost effective way to get down product. I will stand by the granular method for it's reduced labor costs and speed and ease of equipment and spread. Anytime a property that large needs blanketing it's ALWAYS a client that is just sure that everything, everywhere has a problem and you won't be talking them out of it, they will just get someone else to do it. That means be cheap, be fast, you're treating a phantom presence in most cases. How does that fit with IPM or even best practices? Not at all. But if you aren't managing the property, likely nothing fits within those guideleines, from fert to water, to mowing et al. Your responsiblity lies in being safe and efficient, passing along required information and moving on.