PDA

View Full Version : Online Redmax sales

bwalker
08-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Anyone know of aplace where I can buy one over the net?

D Fricks
08-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Try this site www.speedwaysales.com

blevinsbulldog
08-22-2005, 01:37 AM
e-bay-----------------

sda1416
08-22-2005, 09:17 AM
http://www.wacolandscapesupply.com/

Ask for Travis

Mowingman
08-22-2005, 01:01 PM
You do realize that you will have no warranty if you buy mailorder over the internet.

Tider6972
08-22-2005, 01:11 PM
You do realize that you will have no warranty if you buy mailorder over the internet.

You 'know' that's wrong, why 'mislead' [I'm being nice today :) ] ???

Mowingman
08-22-2005, 02:15 PM
My statement is correct, I am a Redmax dealer and I know what the official policy is at Redmax. In fact, a factory rep. for Redmax posted this same info. here some time back when this topic came up. The Redmax equipment must be fully assembled and tested by the dealer brfore being sold. Also, the selling dealer is to show the buyer the safety features, and the proper operation procedures for the machine. If both of these are not done, then Redmax can refuse to honor the warranty. I guess you could buy mailorder and have the seller deliver it to you himself. That would meet the Redmax guidelines.

blevinsbulldog
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
THATS BULL CHIT , i got mine off e-bay .had problems & took it to have it fixed. the only thing i was asked was when i bought it

Mowingman
08-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Nevertheless, that is the Redamx policy on warranty. If you buy mailorder and your local dealer choses not to honor the warranty, Redmax will not force him or any other dealer to honor it.
As a dealer myself, I would do needed repairs under warranty if this situation arises, as it may help me gain a customer in the future. Many other dealers probably feel as I do,but many do not.

Tider6972
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Redmax will honor their warranty, as the Redmax rep said on this site.

He also said they prefer the dealer to setup the unit , as you said.

You do realize you contradict yourself, right? You say the warranty on mail order Redmax is void, yet you go on to say you will "honor it" in hopes of gaining new business. 8)

Anyway, as we know, dealers get paid for warranty work, and quite well unless they're bad businessmen.

Dealers who give customers a hard time re: warranty are simply pouting because they missed the original sale, and being short-sighted by not offerring excellent sevice whether or not they sold the unit. As you realize, by treating the customer right the dealer can possibly earn the future business of the customer.

I've been on both sides of this issue in the auto and the boat business; the OPE biz is [essentially] no different.

bwalker
08-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I am not worried about warranty. I dont have Dealer around me that actually stocsk equipment and I am not going to pay $100 bucks more from the local moron to order it.

Mowingman
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Tider6972,
Go read a thread called "The answer directly from Redmax on internet sales and warranty". Read the first 9 or 10 posts and you will see I am correct.
Also, I said WE will honor the warranty, even if Redmax decides not to, WE will honor it and eat the cost if that is what it takes to make a customer happy. no contradiction here.