PDA

View Full Version : HELP... what is this

C.T. Lawn Care
08-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Got a call from a customer that says her yard has little worm shells all over it and it is dieing. So i come out and sure enough this is what i saw. There is also white fungus like stuff growing where the grass has died... what is it and how do i get rid of it? Thanks

C.T. Lawn Care
08-18-2005, 09:40 PM
no one know what it is? i was thinking maybe sodworm or maybe armyworm?

bushtrimmer
08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I think I see legs on those pics but not sure. Never had a problem with mole crickets, but that's what I remember pictures of them looking like.
I'm sure it's on Talstars label, probably special directions for them though.

C.T. Lawn Care
08-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Will mole crickets kill large patches of grass? What is the white fungus like stuff? Could it be due to the lack of rain then we all the sudden get some good rain and then it gets humid? thanks guys

C.T. Lawn Care
08-19-2005, 09:11 PM
anyone know?

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Talstar? I Personally Think I Would Use Sevin At The Grub Control Rate To Get Rid Of Them. That White Stuff Might Be Eggs???? Im Not Sure Since We Dont Have That Kind Of Insect Around Here And The Pics Arent The Greatest.

C.T. Lawn Care
08-21-2005, 09:10 PM
you think its eggs? huh... i will have to look again at them and see

Runner
08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
It's not eggs. This damage is caused from sod webworms. They (the larvae) leave this white stuff behind. It is almost like a silky feeling if you feel it. They also leave small gree pellets called frass in the grass. This is their excrement (you don't have to feel that) LOL. Anyway, when you walk through the grass, you will find a bunch of vaery narrow, weak flting moths that are sort of cream colored. These are the adults. There are several products that work on these, but Carbaryl (Sevin) is one of the best. I hope this helps.

C.T. Lawn Care
08-23-2005, 11:56 PM
ok... thanks

B&B
09-04-2005, 11:27 PM
CT. looks like cutworms