PDA

View Full Version : Priced Right Seal Coating and Striping-

markastarr
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Very reasonable rates for Seal Coating and/or Striping your company's parking lot. Louisville area and Southern Indiana.

Budman
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Do you do residential driveways?

If so, can you give an approximate cost for one that is around 3500 sq ft? It has never been sealcoated, and is about three years old. No major cracks or holes. I am in Oldham County.

What brand/type of product do you use?

Thanks,

Tom

DDT
12-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Don't know why he didn't answer too late in the year where you are now. That would have been a quick $175.00 or so. Usually Coal Tar in Kentucky.

Koter1
12-04-2005, 03:03 AM
To go 5 cents/ sq. ft on a driveway is absolutely rediculous. Go at least 10 cents/ ft. or you'll make sealcoating just as cut throat as cutting grass.

DDT
12-04-2005, 12:44 PM
To go 5 cents/ sq. ft on a driveway is absolutely rediculous. Go at least 10 cents/ ft. or you'll make sealcoating just as cut throat as cutting grass.
If you can get it fine, it's just more money, but the sealcoating guys charge 10 cents and make a killing, you can make good money like I said at 5 and people will know where they can get a better deal easy.

asfault
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
If you can get it fine, it's just more money, but the sealcoating guys charge 10 cents and make a killing, you can make good money like I said at 5 and people will know where they can get a better deal easy.

I know this thread is old, but I just joined and have been reading through the past posts. But when I saw the 5cents a square foot price from someone I had to reply.

That response is ridiculous and not true. You cannot make good money at 5 cents a square if you are delivering QUALITY sealcoating services. If you are a landscaper I would stick to that. The last thing the sealcoating industry needs is another bucket jockey who can only sell by cutting everyones throat. Its just poor business and you obviously don't understand your overhead

Pave_A_Lot
04-14-2007, 08:29 AM
I know this thread is old, but I just joined and have been reading through the past posts. But when I saw the 5cents a square foot price from someone I had to reply.

That response is ridiculous and not true. You cannot make good money at 5 cents a square if you are delivering QUALITY sealcoating services. If you are a landscaper I would stick to that. The last thing the sealcoating industry needs is another bucket jockey who can only sell by cutting everyones throat. Its just poor business and you obviously don't understand your overhead

Ditto To not being able to deliver a Quality Product at .5 cents a Sq ft.

NealMfg/SalesMgr
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I just did a mix design study a few weeks ago and with fuel, labor, insurance, overhead and the higher cost of material the average cost to sealcoatig is .06 per ft!!! These are real numbers the days of .02 .03 cost are gone!! Anyone sealing for .05 and doing this to industry standard or even close to it must be getting free sealer?!? I bet they aint getting it for free though. The customer will pay dearly. You wont have to worry about this guy cutting peoples throats his prices will put him out of business quick.