PDA

View Full Version : survey - asking customers

meets1
08-18-2005, 11:48 PM
I am not on every yard everyday or every week. Some of our customers i have never met, others I don't even know where they live.

I am thinking of sending our a survey form in our next billing to see what our customers like, dislike, things I could add on as more services, things that are not meeting there demands, timelyness etc.

Any of you guys do this b/f? And if so, could you email me a copy of what you may of used or said?

Our business consist of lawn care, spray/fert programs, maintaince, landscape, snow removal. This way you have a feel of what were doing.

mcwlandscaping
08-18-2005, 11:50 PM
i put a little thing like that on the bottom of the bills so its always being updated. Simple quality control too, keeps them happy.

meets1
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
I thank you for the one post I received on this issue. Since everyone on here seems to be "legit" I can't beleive I did not have any more replies??

South Florida Lawns
08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
I send out a survey at the end of the year to all customers. Have been doing this for a while now and it helps with customer feedback and just making sure they are happy. Most people actually fill them out and turn them back in to me.

Lazer_Z
08-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I've read alot about guys that do the same but I've never tried it because I know each property I service but I may try something like that in the future.

Rob

HighGrass
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I am sending out a "report card" at the end of this season though I wonder if I shoul ddo it mide season as well. Anyway, I also try to see every customer at least once during the season just do they can put a ace on what they're paying for an also to get feedback. Funny, sometimes you really have to pry it out of them but once they tell you stuff, they look like they feel better about everything.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Highgrass, just an idea, but if you did it now and someone had a slight complaint, then you can fix that problem now while still in the mowing season, then when you send one out at the end of the year, that customer will most likely be happy that you got feedback and fixed the problem. Just my idea of how i would deal with this. This is a long one so i hope i worded everything right! I hope this helps!

bobbygedd
08-21-2005, 09:21 PM
o boy, now you are going to ask "your bosses" if you are doing a good enough job? :rolleyes:

nobagger
08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I was just thinking of doing that for next season, just a little letter once or twice a years just to see if we are doing what they expected.
There is always room for improvement.

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2005, 09:49 PM
o boy, now you are going to ask "your bosses" if you are doing a good enough job? :rolleyes:
Those Bosses are your income. I'de want to make dam sure that they are happy or at least satisfied with the work that they recieve. WIthout them, there is no money. That it just my opinion but i think that others might agree. No offense intended here.

AintNoFun
08-21-2005, 10:18 PM
we send them out about every 2 or 3 months... also on the bottom we have a spot for referals, if they have anyone they know might be interested in our services, and weve picked up some new clients off of them as well.

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2005, 10:22 PM
we send them out about every 2 or 3 months... also on the bottom we have a spot for referals, if they have anyone they know might be interested in our services, and weve picked up some new clients off of them as well.
thats a great idea, i have never thought of that, i might try it, thanks!

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Not my bosses, but my clients. Since I am a one man operation, I communicate with my clients on a regular basis and they seem quite pleased with my work. If there is anything about my service they are not pleased with, I want them to let me know so we can correct it or have an understanding.

bobbygedd
08-21-2005, 11:38 PM
i think it's a foolish idea, why start trouble? YOU decide what product/level of service you offer. you maintain that level consistantly. i don't ask if we are doing a good job. the work is done, the payment is on time, what else do i need to know?

Precision
08-21-2005, 11:40 PM
If you aren't doing the work you should be spot checking your crew. Puts fear in them and your clients will see you periodically and know you are keeping an eye out.

If you are doing the work, you should know what is going on.

I find those types of questionaires to be the result of someone too lazy to do their own quality control.

Do good work, check up on your guys and insure that they do good work, then let the complainers go away and make room for more good clients.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
But then there's the issue of you doing a beautiful job leaving perfectly straight stripes and the customer doesn't like stripes. You need to know things like that.