PDA

View Full Version : bucket trailer

lawnboy82
03-11-2001, 02:47 PM
hey guys-
i have some jobs to do this tuesday and i am thinking about renting a bucket trailer
the thing goes up 45 feet. it is supposed to support 300 lbs no problem (i am 185) i just wanted to know if any of you have ever used one, what you used it for and how it worked out?
i have to prune 1 large oak tree that is over a building >45' i have to take down 1 cherry tree 6" dbh? but it is over a structure 1 locust 3" dbh? then there are something like 2 maples to be pruned off a pool and what else? then there is a beech tree that is partly hung up in another one over some lines. the lines go to a small house not street lines, it should be fun. but i would like to know if there is anything i should not do or try to avoid, any tricks or anything, this is my first time using any form of aerial lift. i am used to ropes and spurs or whatever. i also have a telescoping power pole saw that i can use if it comes to it. as well as an 020T and other saws that go up to 3' bars so the saw isnt a problem but i just really dont know what to do. any help would be much appreciated- thanx

MLI
03-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Hi there
Ive used the bucket trailers in the past. They work great for tree pruning, and some takedowns. Only prob. is the bucket is only 45 ft...thats not much to work with on a full size tree, we use to keep moving the trailer to get better angles which can be time consuming. All in all though not a bad little machine. They are batt. operated so make sure its juiced up. Also make sure outriggers are secure and level. Good luck!

lawnboy82
03-13-2001, 01:36 AM
apparently now i am gettin the thing on saturday. but i looked at it today. it has a descent sized honda engine on it, with a couple of bateries. so i think i should be ok. gonna go either tomorow or wednesday to climb a couple of trees where the wife doesnt want me around when she home. i guess i got off on the wrong foot with her. bad idea. i think it should be fun though to get this bucket thing. see how much my productivity is improved by.