PDA

View Full Version : Dual line spray systems?

Dallas Turf
08-19-2005, 01:49 AM
I tried searching and did not have any luck. I remember seeing this discussed before. I am looking for a injection unit to add a second chemical at the gun for "spot treating" weeds while doing blanket applications. These systems have a second trigger on the gun and a small hose running inside of a 1/2" hose.

Thanks for any help.

lawnservice
08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
heres what you want

http://www.gregsonclark.com/eco_505.html

Dallas Turf
08-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Is anyoge here running these type of system? Which ones?

Ric
08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Is anyoge here running these type of system? Which ones?

Dallas

You might check with True Green, They have been using this system for years. However they used the side by side hose. Check with Mike in Dallas 214-641-2202 he at one time had a ton of used TG trucks and stripped them for parts. He doesn't have the guns, but had everything else leading up to them at one time. You are close enough to go see for yourself if you could save some money. BTW Mike is a great guy, but knows nothing about pumps and parts. About all he can tell you over the phone is if he still has pile of parts.

The Other way to go is an injector right at the pump. These systems are Calibrated very fine and are expensive. The require a Flow to injection type devise. I looked into them a few years ago and decided they were more money than I wanted to spend and couldn't handle the liquid Fertilizer. They are used mostly by Termite pre-treat companies. With the Price of Gas going Up I am again thinking about them because they can be hooked to the customers water supply and carried in a small economy truck. The Problem with a Soap type injector like pressure washers use is the calibration.

Dallas Turf
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Ric,
Thanks for the lead on the chemlawn trucks, I am going to look at what they have next week. I have thought about the metering pump to get away from carrying 200-300 gallons of mix but I would have to wait for the weed control to make it through tho entire hose to hit the weeds while doing blanket apps. I spray most of my yards 3-4 times a year with primo and would like to spot treat while spraying instead of going back to the truck and grabbing a second hose or sprayer.

I do like the idea of being able to go tankless like the bug guys are doing but it would be expensive for a setup to inject 3-4 products in one line (pre-emergent, Broadleaf, Iron, and Fert) and keeping that calibrated seems like allot of work.

Thanks

Ric
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Dallas

Yep I looked into the 3---4 injector system and decided it wasn't cost effective and would hated to spent the money to buy something that didn't do my job.

I am think of trying a new Marketing idea that would spray insecticide only and tank less would save a lot of Gas at the expected $ 3.00 a gallon. My Cab over is costing $ 0.25 a mile in Diesel fuel alone right now.

BTW I bought from Mike and found him to be pretty honest. He gave me the over the curb guarantee and told me if I had a safe and trouble free trip back to Florida, Don't Thank him. If I had trouble don't Blame him either. Like the energizer bunny, it is still running.