PDA

View Full Version : Utility vehicles?

geoscaper
08-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Does anyone use utility vehicles out on a job sit? I was thinking along the lines of gators ort cub cadets to move mulch,topsoil, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Brianslawn
08-19-2005, 01:48 AM
kubota tractor with bucket

greywynd
08-19-2005, 01:56 AM
I've seen a fellow in this area that has a gator with a sprayer setup in the back, looks like a hose and gun on it for doing spot spraying, or for trees maybe? Didn't get a real good look at it.

I also know a contractor that has a snow plow on his 4 wheeler, he is a subcontractor to one of the contractors in town. He plows the snow off the sidewalks around the mall, and other little spots where we can't get to with the bigger plows. (Most of the plows are farm tractors with 12-14' front blades, also a couple loaders with 22-24' blades). Someone told me that he gets about $45-55/hour for the 4 wheeler while plowing, but he also goes like heck.....he has to clean off a pile of walks, and have it done before we come along to do the parking lot beside it. (I work for the main contractor running a plow in the winter sometimes.)

bushtrimmer
08-19-2005, 06:04 AM
An estate we take care of had a Kawasaki Mule and now has the Kubota utility vehicle. They say the Kubota is 3 times the machine.

Itsgottobegreen
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
kubota tractor with bucket
I am with you on that one.

Other wise I would go with the bobcat utility loader. But for the money, kubota RTV is the way to go. :D I want one just to plow snow with.

Kate Butler
08-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I have 2 clients that own 'em and let us use 'em while we do their work. They are some kind of useful for hauling stone, mulch, debris. I'm not sure I'd want to have to haul one around from job to job, though.