PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Filter Problems losing oil

cachelakecountry
08-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Had just changed oil a month ago. I check it every time I mow. I had been mowing for a couple hours when the engine started shaking. I shut mower down and watched smoke come from engine. I checked oil and there was none. When I examined the motor I could see oil leaking around the filter.
The filter was tight. I called my dealer and found out that Kohler had a one time a sent a service bullied out on Kohler filters and bad gaskets. Since then I have found 5 people just in our area that had the same problem and thought it was their fault for not tightening the filter properly. Our mower is at a repair shop and the Kohler rep has looked at it.
While the rep admits to us that Kohler did have a problem with the filters coming loose, they would not have come loose enough to allow ALL the oil to come out. Okay, it just comes loose a little? Anyway Kohler has refuse to take any responsibility for this. If you are losing oil......check the filter.... please email me if anyone has had a similar problem.
Me09@sbcglobal.net