PDA

View Full Version : Flo-Jet verses Shurflo ele pumps

ArizPestWeed
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
What experiences have y'all had with 'em??
I mean which is better ?
I'm looking at putting one or the other in a pack pack and I'd like some feed back with your experiences as to which I should go with

Thank you for your response

heather lawn sp
08-19-2005, 11:04 AM
We've been using the -528 & earlier model -500 as the main pumps of spraying & watering. The pumps are plugged into the trucks' electrical systems. We spray out about a gallon a minute for weed spray.We also have one plugged into the John Deere F725 for use with a 25 USg tank and boom sprayer. The pumps will last 2 to 3 years & will put out 2-3 gpm. The 100 gal water tank will be emptied each day of the week to water 120 hanging baskets along city streets & will hold up IF there is an adequate filter before the pump. the pumps are left outside in the weather all year long and start right up again in the spring. Found that rebuilding is a lot of effort for the few extra weeks that the rebuild gives in lifespan.

ArizPestWeed
08-19-2005, 11:42 AM
So , Flo - Jet is your answer , thanks

Ric
08-19-2005, 11:56 AM
So , Flo - Jet is your answer , thanks

Airhead

I buy the Flo Jet from Northern Tool and pay the extra insurance for the 2 year over the counter, return swap out. They work the best for me and are easy to unplug and replace. But None of those pumps are made for continuous duty and will burn up if left running for long periods of time.

ArizPestWeed
08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Dic , don't ever ever call me that again :)

I looking at using a SP type back pack sprayer and making it ele by placing a insert under the tank , on top of the frame for battery and pump.
This is why I ask which pump is best

GreenUtah
08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
AZ,
you're going to carry a backpack with an extra pump AND a battery?! The little atv tank setups from northern are a great tool for loads of small spraying apps and I've routinely used them in gardeners trucks for r-up or a clean tank with 100 ft of hose on the 1.8 gal pumps. I will say this, even the 1 gal small pumps suck a load of juice and will run down a a 250 amp L & G battery without a recharge source in about 20-25 minutes. That's a big battery to carry on your back along with the gallonage. Why not just stick to the hand pump? I know, there are electric models out there, but they are not designed the same way or for any kind of contious duty between charges. Let the homeowners get stuck with the occasional use tools.

Ric
08-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Dic , don't ever ever call me that again :)

OK WeedHead you got It. :D :waving:

ArizPestWeed
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
I was just playing , Ric.
No need to get all worked up , ya know ? :D