PDA

View Full Version : paper shredder pita!!!

GreenGrassEarnsCash
08-19-2005, 06:34 PM
anyone else ever ran over a newspaper when mowing? Man it makes a mess and it is even worse on a windy day! ran over 2 this year already!

SellOut
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
your an idiot. watch were your going. jess

Howie's Lawn Care
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Newspapers are usually easy to see unless they are printed on green paper (or tan paper during drought). What are you looking at when you run over these papers?

GreenGrassEarnsCash
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
it was right at the edge of the grass and driveway and the grass was tall so i didnt see it. I watch where im going!

jbell113
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Hit a big (suday atl journal const) paper last year right in the middle of the driveway and knew it was there...I got confused on the controls and panicked when I seen it....took 30 min. to clean it up.

TheKingNJ
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
i hit one trying to nudge it out of my way with the anti scalp roller, before i knew it i felt my mower bog down and saw what looked like a bird that got sucked though a jet engin. darn mower suction.

TURFLORD
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Of course I have. Many times over the years. I do a rental property and nuke stuff all the time. If they can't clean up after themselves, I'm damn well not gonna. Have you ever hit a paper with a snow thrower? :realmad:

hole in one lco
08-19-2005, 06:52 PM
yes they are. I hit one this year thought i was far enough away but the lesco sucked it right up fing hi lifts. I hit my helper last winter with one in the back of the head wile snow blowing. That was the funniest thing i ever saw. I try to hit my trimmer guy with racket balls and tennis balls ten time this year so far

hole in one lco
08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Of course I have. Many times over the years. I do a rental property and nuke stuff all the time. If they can't clean up after themselves, I'm damn well not gonna. Have you ever hit a paper with a snow thrower? :realmad:
get single stage , 2 stage sucks for newspaper and door mats

TURFLORD
08-19-2005, 07:01 PM
get single stage , 2 stage sucks for newspaper and door mats
Yeah they do. But, I'm keeping my 2 stage. :waving:

LB1234
08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
your an idiot. watch were your going. jess

Shoot! You need to have your eyes open when you are mowing??? Damn. To think all these years...

TriCountyLawn
08-19-2005, 10:00 PM
I havent hit any newspaper yet but cigarette packs sure do make a mess. How many layers of paper are in those things? ...lol

OH-grasshopperlover
08-20-2005, 07:19 AM
"I try to hit my trimmer guy with racket balls and tennis balls ten time this year so far"

Remind me not to trim for you HoleInOne!!!!

;)

Tharrell
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Paper napkins are the worst. You can't see them because they're balled up about the size of a small ball bearing but, when they come out of the gator barn you can sure see them. That's why I bought a shred and vac, it really helps clean up all the tiny pieces.

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I hit one with my snowblower, that sucked. Half got stuck in auger and impeller and the other half was like confetti. My neighbor sued the paper co. that left the paper in his driveway instead of the box for it. It broke is snowblower twice. He won too!

Jason Rose
08-20-2005, 11:00 PM
We have this wonderful publication here called "The Bee" it's a classified deal comes out on wednesdays. Most people never pick it up but only to throw it in the garbage... The ones that don't pick it up are a real PITA. It's usually pretty thin, so it's light weight. If it's on the driveway and it's not at least a foot from the edge, I had better damn well hop off and toss it closer to the house because it's a good chance there's going to be confetti if I don't! Even bagging, paper just dosn't suck up well... Klenexes, napkins, paper towels. All things I'd rather NOT TOUCH! I find that if I do scatter one I can usually suck it up if I am patient and go slow over it a couple times. LOL

PerfectStripeslandscaping
08-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Just took me one time to do that 2 years ago.. Has not happened since then THANK GOD...... sucked when it did happen all over nice green grass :blob3: