PDA

View Full Version : Three Point Turn!

Howie's Lawn Care
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
This is a beginner's question, but I couldn't justify posting in "Just Starting in Business". I don't own a ZTR, but I messed around with my grandpa's 36" Dixon. It's a homeowners model and felt like crap. The handles didn't feel the same on both sides and it didn't respond very fast. It only has 39 hours on it and is a year old. I wasn't very good when it came to making turns at the end of a stripe. I managed, but know there is a better method. Obviously I'll choose what's most comfortable whenever I get a ZTR, but what exactly is the 3 Point Turn? Is it the most productive method and can someone explain it in detail? Thanks in advance.

southlin
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Your Three Point Turn Is When You Get To The End Of A Stripe And U Stop, Back To The Right, Then Take Off On Your Next Stripe. Instead Of Just Spinning Around. It Slow The Progress A Little.

Not Real Fond Of Dixon Mowers But The Toro Does The Same. You May Be Sble To Adjust Your Linkages To True Up The Handles And Maybe Even Improve Sensibilty.

Exmark Mowers Have Better Response. Remember You Get What You Pay For And They All Will Pay For Themselfs!

lawnmaniac883
08-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Have you ever driven a car? Same thing.

Scotts' Yard Care
08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
What you're trying to prevent is spinning the Z on the axis of the inside tire of the turn. This tears turf and annoys customers :D A good hydro machine
will be very smooth and easy to maneuver in such a way that you can prevent this with a little practice.

AboveTheCut
08-20-2005, 02:19 AM
start the inside wheel going backwards first, then the outside wheel forward. You'll get the hang of it.