PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean Up

M&M Lawns
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I know it is just the middle of Aug.

This is my first Fall season to do clean up of leaves. During the Spring clean up which I did back in March and on in to April and May it was simple to give a price and go in and clear up what was left from what did not get cleaned up last year or from the winter.
Today I had a customer call me and asked what it would take to start cleaning up the yard next week (with the dry summer leaves are falling from some trees here) and keep up with it for the rest of the season.
I seem to remember reading an article once where a rate was given which would cover going back a total of 3 times??? What do some of you suggest and how do you handle your normal good accounts in doing the clean up work along with the normal mowing over the next 7 or 8 weeks until the grass stops growing and the clean up work comes on full time?
I have no problem bidding the ones that let all the leaves fall and then going in the last of Oct or Mid Nov.
But how to bid the ones on a weekly or bi-weekly until then?

Thanks Much to All

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-19-2005, 08:33 PM
buy some gator blades and a vac system for the mower......those should take the pain out of keeping up with the leaves

M&M Lawns
08-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I do use Gator blades on my two mowers. I have Snapper 52" units but as I have found there is no Vac/Grass catchers for these mowers. Sure wish I would have know that before I bought these two units. I have looked for an after market that will hook up to these mowers but had no luck. I have a John Deere 42" tractor I guess I will need to use..Any one know of a Vac that would hook to my Snappers please inform me.

Thanks again