PDA

View Full Version : Situation

procut
08-19-2005, 10:40 PM
One of my LCO friends just called me and said he got a call for a lawn in a very upscale neighborhood, lady unhappy with the current level of service. He didn't want to take it because the lawn is currently servied by the largest/most popular company in our town. He feels that he doesn't want to upset the big company and make enimies, thus he refered me. He looked at the lawn and said there are legitimate complaints. I say if the customer is truely unhappy, and she came to him looking for someone new there is no shame in bidding the account. Your opinions?

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Sounds Like Maybe He Has Some Ties To The Big Co And Dont Want To Upset Them.............or Maybe The People Have A Reputation For Being A Pain In The Arse And He Doesnt Want To Be Botherd. Could Be He Knows His Own Work Isnt Up To The Quality They Would Expect.

sda1416
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I would bid the property, as long as she did everything in her contract to end it correctly, ie.give correct notice, or whatever the contract states. I would also tell the customer that also.

southlin
08-19-2005, 10:47 PM
If the bigger company is respectable, theres no reason why he shouldnt bid. Let the best man win.

Its business not personal, even if the big company was family. payup

topsites
08-19-2005, 10:48 PM
yeah I'm a thumbs up with the feeling she could be a real pita, hence the complaints with a great company it's one of those things I've ran into before as well, customer just couldn't stop bad-mouthing the last guy and ok I thought the complaints were legit but then sure enough it all turned out a real pita b!7ch pain in the arse I almost didn't get paid because customer was 'not paying until satisfied' and lets not get into how picky customer was... I made up my mind at that time and for all future instances to NEVER take another lco's job ... and that is why that rule exists, I've seen other ppls post that rule on this forum b4.

On a sidenote, I don't trust other lco's, no matter who they are, as far as I'm concerned they only look out for themselves and if it's a friend sending me stuff then I can be sure it's his rejected work.

prizeprop
08-19-2005, 10:48 PM
were talking lawn maintenance not the carting business. I'm sure theres no one controlling our line of work and I'm pretty certain he wont be fitted with cement hip boots and be swimming with the fishes for bidding this account.

jtrice11
08-20-2005, 12:01 PM
One of my LCO friends just called me and said he got a call for a lawn in a very upscale neighborhood, lady unhappy with the current level of service. He didn't want to take it because the lawn is currently servied by the largest/most popular company in our town. He feels that he doesn't want to upset the big company and make enimies, thus he refered me. He looked at the lawn and said there are legitimate complaints. I say if the customer is truely unhappy, and she came to him looking for someone new there is no shame in bidding the account. Your opinions?

IF the "big company" is scratching back sending him work they cannot or do not want to do, I see his point. In your position, its an opportunity--take it.

stumper1620
08-20-2005, 01:22 PM
If I become unhappy with the service of my John Deere dealer, the Toro or other dealers wouldn't give it a thought to take my business. Screw it take the job, the big company should have taken care of the account. Most of the best customers come to the smaller LCO for the better service.
By the way thats why I have my JD, smaller dealer has better service. :D

procut
08-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I'm not really worried about upsetting anyone. I'm going there monday to meet with the customer.