PDA

View Full Version : A note to all manufactures

all ferris
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't know about you all but I just love to stop for a fill up :angry: :realmad: . It cost me $42 just to fill up one mower this morning. I really hope all the manufactures are looking for alternatives to make mowers less costly to run. Lets hear some of you guy's ideas to make these mowers sip gas. Lets face it, a mower engine is not the most efficient thing in the world.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Al, I feel your pain also. I put 35 bucks today in one mower and the 2 gallon gas tank. I then put 31 in my truck and it was over a half full when I put that in :realmad: :realmad: My biggest expense to me is the vehicle since I have to drive so far to each yard but a more efficient mower would sure help all of us. I raised my prices anywhere from 2.50-5.00 on each yard and still dont feel like it was enough.

rodfather
08-20-2005, 06:22 AM
QuickBooks says I have spent just over 2k for fuel this month... damn and this has been the slowest month of the year.

all ferris
08-20-2005, 07:03 AM
I don't want to look to see what Quickbooks says I spent on fuel. I might have a heart attack if I did.

John Gamba
08-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Lets face it, a mower engine is not the most efficient thing in the world.

Try a Fuel injected mower.

LB1234
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Purchased SCAG TT w/29 KAWI LC/EFI. Have been seeing the fuel savings already in just a few weeks. It really does save on fuel.

Runner
08-20-2005, 09:27 AM
...And just wait until Exmark unveils their Hybrid Mower..... :)

John Gamba
08-20-2005, 09:32 AM
...And just wait until Exmark unveils their Hybrid Mower..... :)

Too much money :cry:

Itsgottobegreen
08-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I am going diesel powered next season :D

True Cut Lawn Maintenance
08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Make one that runs on Ethonal or E85 soy biodiesel too much of our surplus corn crop gets sent overseas lets put it to use here its pretty much renewable and ethonal and e85 both burn a lot cleaner and fossil fuels

But yes as for me im going the diesel route as gas here is running $2.65-2.70 while diesel is runnin 2.45-2.49 talk about a hell of a difference

cushman
08-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Just a thought...

Here in PA trucks are often stopped by Revenue Agents making sure you are using taxed fuel. Diesel fuel has 55 cents of road tax added. The red dyed fuel is the same stuff only with no road tax on it.

The theory is that the more you drive, the more you wear out the roads, the more fuel you use, and the more tax you pay. Makes sense.

How many of you guys are using fuel for off road purposes and still paying the road tax? Shouldn't the Revenue Agents also make sure that fuel used in lawn mowers be untaxed? Isn't it just as wrong for the government to charge road tax on off road fuel as it is for road vehicles to use untaxed fuel?

It is possable (and legal) to use dyed untaxed diesel in mowers (same as #2 home heating oil). Don't know how to do it for gasoline, though.