PDA

View Full Version : bullet paver questions

BLandL
08-19-2005, 11:47 PM
hi this is my first job so i am very excited
i was wondering a few things...
1. what do charge for labor an hour?
2. how many pavers will u need for a 500 foot length?
it will be on some hills and areas nothing to steep just curious and i would like some help as to approach it i want to make some money...as we all do...so what shouldi charge to make a decent amount of money?

chuckers
08-22-2005, 04:01 AM
3 bucks a paver and you will need 500 pavers

UNISCAPER
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Labor charges are company specific. And without trying to sound insulting, if you don't know what it costs you to install the job, there is a pretty good chance you are in over your head.

Pricing by the square foot, or by the unit installed is one of the fastest ways to head to bancruptcy court. small jobs still cost you the same to set up, and unit pricing, if it is used for every job you do, will either be too high on the large jobs, or not enough on small jobs.

So, sit down, add all your overhead, such as insurance, truck payments, etc etc, including what you want to pay yourself and divide by ther number of days a year you work. That should tell you what your labor is costing you. then add into the mix, direct job costs and profit, which you are entitled to.

Now, it might be easier to ask many man hours will the job you are doing take....then you should be able to figure out how much to charge.