PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Commercial.....anyone tried?

Ketron'sLawnService
08-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey all! This is my first post on here and it's on new equipment purchases. Has anyone tried or is using the Cub Cadet Commercial Tank ZTR's? My town here has one of the only Cadet dealers for about a hundred miles, so i decided to go see what they had. The mower looks really good, priced OK, not great but i can work on them about the pricing. I want to know is the cut of the deck any good? Also, anyone running their walk behinds? I've had my sights on one of those Ferris IS5000Z mowers with the Cat Diesel, but that will only happen when i will the lottery,haha. I'm in TN with a lot of hills, so any suggestions on the best hillside mower as far as stability?

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Do a search for the tank. There has been a lot of talk about it lately. Same with thier WBs. Welcome to the site!

Ketron'sLawnService
08-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Is there a way to do any searches on this site? to find what has already been said previously that may be back a few pages?

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Here are a couple of links that may be helpful:

For the ZTRs:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=116408
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=116097

And the WB:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=116080

Hope this helps!

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2005, 01:37 AM
On the green bar near the top, right above the "Visit lawnsite showcase" there is the word "search". Click and type in search topic you want. I tried to make this as clear as possible, hope it helps!

Ketron'sLawnService
08-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Got it! Thanks for the info! WOW, those stripes look great! Read about a problem or two, but nothing major on them. I've got a scag and they all tear up some time or another.

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Just as some extra input, look at eXmark if at all possible, you won't be dissapointed. Glad i could help, good luck with the mower, and once again welcome to the site!

ToroLandscaper
08-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Just as some extra input, look at eXmark if at all possible, you won't be dissapointed. Glad i could help, good luck with the mower, and once again welcome to the site!

Have you used any other commercial mower besides a exmark?

uglytruk
09-11-2005, 12:02 AM
It's a long story, but it ended up getting us a 50" CubCadet M50S TANK. It hasn't been delivered yet, but the price was right, and the two other dealers, (John Deere and ?) left me wanting.
What's the going price this late in the season for the TANK? List is $6000, sale $5300, I paid ?????

daveintoledo
09-11-2005, 12:12 AM
wow.... thats a great price....

Envy Lawn Service
09-11-2005, 01:40 AM
I have the 60" Lesco Z-Two... same machine as the TANK but for thousands less.
If you have a Lesco anywhere near you, go check them out.

Howie's Lawn Care
09-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Have you used any other commercial mower besides a exmark?
Dude! He's just trying to make his quota, 12 posts a day. It used to be 16.

Envy Lawn Service
09-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Dude! He's just trying to make his quota, 12 posts a day. It used to be 16.

Yeah really.... and what kills me even more is that his Toro "IS" an eXmark.

But on a personal level, I am pretty tired of the constant eXmark plugs.
I don't even want to hear anything else about an eXmark until the 2006's hit the field.

MBDiagMan
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I hope you are not going to mow commercially with the M50. The drives and deck are residential components, not commercial. The integrated drives are Hydrogear IZT and are rated for about 800 hours use and are non repairable, sealed units.

If you are going to use this mower for your own use, it should be fine, but if you plan on using it commercially, I would STRONGLY recommend that you make a change with your dealer and get an M48K or even M48H instead. These models are true commercial units with fabricated decks and individual pumps and wheel motors. I am told the M48K is the better choice due to parts being cheaper and service being more readily available.

I'm sorry to be a party pooper, I just thought you would want to know.

Good luck,
Doc

Lazer_Z
09-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Cub "Z-Wing"? Have any of you gotten a demo of one? It looks like a good machine but,I'm still undecided it's a "Z-Wing" or an eXmark TTHP with a 36" deck.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Rob

MBDiagMan
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I was looking into a ZWing 48 a month or two ago. I found that they have not sold many and they had LOTS of trouble with the fold up gadgetry. They are now redesigning and beefing up the mechanisms and the late '05 and the '06 models will probably be okay. Just stay away from the early versions.

I'm not a Cub Cadet fan any more, but this is a uniquie machine for a niche need. If you have a need for a mower for this specific use, it is probably your only choice at this time.

It does have decent drives with individual pumps and motors, but it has the same Kohler that they use in their residential models which is a little troubling.

Good luck,
Doc

Lazer_Z
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
MB/Doc Thanks for clearing that up. I think I will continue my search for a TTHP.I might still try one out though just to see how it feels out in the feild.

Thanks again

Rob

Turfdude
09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Rob,
Why spend so much $$ on a 36 (TTHP)-- talk to Larry JR. re: what he thionks about the bobcat vs eXmark 36. The new 36 bobcat belts are the most comfortable pistols on the market. Very e-z to turn, effortless, similar to hydros imho. You could always come check out my stuff as well.

dcondon
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
We have 2 60" cub TANKS and a 72" TANK and a 52" MTD pro w/b. There as good as any on the market. JMO :)

They are great on hills also!!!

MBDiagMan
09-12-2005, 10:45 AM
dcondon,

Yes, the 60 and 72 Tanks are fine. The problem is the M50 Tank. It is actually a residential mower disguised as a Tank. It has residential integrated drives and a residential Kohler engine.

CC made a mistake in doing this as far as I'm concerned. The REAL CC Tanks are not bad machines, but there will be many who will where out an M50 in short order and then say that all the Tanks must be junk. Very poor marketing on CC's part.

Although I am no longer a CC fan, the REAL tanks are not bad machines.

Have a great day,
Doc