PDA

View Full Version : Strangest customer request for a mow?

Eddie B
08-20-2005, 01:45 AM
What is the strangest request you've received from a customer for his/her lawn? Did you continue services?

PLM-1
08-20-2005, 03:48 AM
I had an old lady call a while back and i went out to give an estimate. One of her requests was to not run through the holes in the lawn. Did I continue services?? -- I didn't start!

nocutting
08-20-2005, 04:16 AM
I got a call from my largest account, she was gonna be at the house the coming weekend,/ had checked the freezer and found her "Daughters" placenta?.........I went to the local "Smith & Hawken" store, got an "Ole English Shovel w/ a wooden tee handle", they wrapped it like a big "Rose"[ tissue papper and ribbon], picked up some "Autum Joy Sedum"[ called a Live -Forever in our area]....went to their house and dug a small hole in the back foundation planting by the pool.[ left the Sedums, by the hole] and the "Shovel" at the front door.......now all they had to do was place the "placenta" in the hole, top it off with the "Sedum"[ say a prayer or whatever?] and pass that "Shovel" on to their "Daughter" when she got her own place?[ shes only 8 now]......it was a No-Charge Service, I was only to "Glad" to do my part!!!!! :waving: :cool2: :rolleyes:

rodfather
08-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Cut a private property (2.5 acres) each week at 4 1/2". It looks like the rough at Augusta National.

The Ripper
08-20-2005, 08:32 AM
You did what to her 8 year old daughters what?

That is just disgusting.

TURFLORD
08-20-2005, 08:51 AM
You did what to her 8 year old daughters what?

That is just disgusting.
Yeah, Did he say Placenta?

TURFLORD
08-20-2005, 08:54 AM
One of my customers "overwinters" in Fla at their other home every year. Well the daughter was supposed to watch the house while they're gone. She called me up and asked if I could drain the small pond and scoop out the dead Koi. They were frozen solid for 2 months. I did it.

robby
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Not sure if this applies to the original question, but.....Last week while mowing a yard, the neighbor came out and asked if i would cut his back yard (7500 square feet) for $3.00. Yes, THREE DOLLARS. I asked if he was joking, unfortunately he wasnt. Was'nt much I could say besides laugh before resuming my mowing.

Howard Roark
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't have one personally, but I remember PTP on here mentioning a woman wanting the crew to either lift their mowers over a fence, or carry them through her living room to mow the back yard.

Oldtimer
08-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Back when I was an LCO one of my customers called with a request to bury her dog. It was a very hot day and we had a lot of work to do and didn't have time to bury a dog so my suggestion was to put it in the freezer and we would bury it later. My suggestion really didn't set well with the customer and when she stopped yelling just long enough to inhale I told her we would be there asap.

Oldtimer

Fubba
08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
I put an ad in the paper one time. An old lady called me up. Went to her house to check it out and found a medium sized front yard with a huge and I mean huge hill in the back of nothing but zoysia. She had centipede everywhere else. Told me that she didn't want me to use my rider. Said she wanted me to mow with her push mower on the highest setting. She said that if I worked fast that I could do it in about 3 and 1/2 hours. The ridiculous part was that she said, "I'll pay you 25 dollars. That's about 8 or so dollars an hour. I think that's good money for what you're doing." I told her I'd call her back if I could help her. I didn't call.