PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Strap on Trimmer?

MBDiagMan
08-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Does anyone bother with using the shoulder strap. I got a new Redmax 2600 yesterday. The shoulder strap seemed like it would help when cutting for a long period, but it would not stay adjusted. It kept getting longer.

Should I bother trying to fix the strap some way to keep the buckle from slipping, or just toss it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences,
Doc

Roger
08-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I never use mine -- too encumbering to keep moving the trimmer where it needs to be. A strap might be fine for long periods of trimming that don't require changing trimmer positions, but for lawn trimming, no. I keep changing hands, right-hand, then left-hand, depending on what is being trimmed and how I can walk the best (forward/backward). A strap would be in the way for changing hands.

TURFLORD
08-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Real men don't use shoulder straps. Those are for township employees. :D

MBDiagMan
08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think that today I will leave it off and see how it goes.

Have a great day,
Doc

jtrice11
08-20-2005, 11:57 AM
My dad uses the shoulder strap....he's 62.

MBDiagMan
08-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm 56, but I ran it for a few hours this morning without the shoulder strap and I agree that the strap is more trouble than it's worth. It is handy though for hanging it on the wall of my shop building.

Again thanks for helping me see the light.

Have a great day,
Doc