PDA

View Full Version : Help figuring my cost to cut a 1/4 acre yard

AboveTheCut
08-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Is there any simple way to figure out how much it cost me to show up at a residential customers house and cut their yard? Things to consider? formulas? So far, I am thinking about: Gas, insurance, truck, trailer, mowers, and maintenance. What am I forgetting? Any help would be appreciated.

stumper1620
08-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Is there any simple way to figure out how much it cost me to show up at a residential customers house and cut their yard? Things to consider? formulas? So far, I am thinking about: Gas, insurance, truck, trailer, mowers, and maintenance. What am I forgetting? Any help would be appreciated.
don't forget to PAY YOURSELF! payup payup payup
then remember good o'le uncle sams cut!

AboveTheCut
08-21-2005, 11:19 PM
so thats where I've been going wrong!

AboveTheCut
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
My operating cost really seemed to have increased this year with the cost of fuel and some new equipment; Truck (1 ton diesel, new trailer, new lazer) and not many new/additional accounts. I'm really trying to get a better plan for next year.
Thanks

stumper1620
08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
My operating cost really seemed to have increased this year with the cost of fuel and some new equipment; Truck (1 ton diesel, new trailer, new lazer) and not many new/additional accounts. I'm really trying to get a better plan for next year.
Thanks
ya I know what you mean,
I feel your pain! in the wallet. :D

fourseasonlawns
08-22-2005, 12:28 AM

I called 3 companies with full page ads in the yellow pages for an estimate. I started charging the highest priced estimate. If they can get that much, so can I (and without the advertising costs).