PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Gates

FordManKubotaDreamer
08-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Could you post pictures of how you modified your trailer gates so the mowers don't drag. I have a four foot gate and they catch all the time. Thanks

Tharrell
08-24-2005, 07:42 AM
I had to have them extend my gate to the point that it is like a sail in the wind.
I thought about doing something to the edge like building it up a couple of inches instead.
I think the axle height is the determining factor in how high your gate needs to be. I've seen some trailers with 4 ft gates but they sit a lot lower than my trailer.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-24-2005, 07:50 AM
My mowers drag too..... I usually just pop a small wheelie....going on. Getting off if I go at a bit of an angle it is alot better.

This winter I will have the expanded metal repaired and will also have a piece of flat stock welded over the top edge to create a bit of protection.

Premo Services
08-28-2005, 02:23 PM
My mowers drag too..... I usually just pop a small wheelie....going on. Getting off if I go at a bit of an angle it is alot better.

This winter I will have the expanded metal repaired and will also have a piece of flat stock welded over the top edge to create a bit of protection.

I considered having a longer gate but went with a shorter drawbar(I think it is that, it holds the ball). It works great, raised the front of trailer some and lowered the rear of trailer, no more dragging or wheelies for me :cool2: :cool2: :waving:

mosmgras
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Most ZTR's and WB's will break over a 15 degree angle without dragging. I have a 321 grasshopper and a Sentar. Both will clear my dovetail (set at 15 deg.) with the decks up. Hope this helps.

stevesmowing
08-31-2005, 07:18 PM
raise the height of the front of the trailer where it mounts to the truck. This will increase wear on the back axle and tires if its a tandem axle but helps a lot with helping the decks clear.