PDA

View Full Version : the worst things thats happend

zim bob the landscaper
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
one of the worst thing was we put in a new lawn and when it was ready to mow she wanted us to mow it so we went and mowed it and she came out and said she wants it as low as it can go we told her it is not good for the lawn definitely the first time it is mowed she said it will be fine so whatever i lower the mower and start to mow and she must have raked out her flowerbeds because there were small rock everywhere i finished and the next time wee mowed it she came out and said as low as it can go we told her we will not do it that low again it will dull our blades so she just shut the door and we did not see her until collecting the bill :p

and another thing it is more funny than the other one this spring one of our costumers asked me to cut the onions down so i did and boy did i cry :cry:
those thing were so strong i could not believe it i could hardly see

chimmygew
08-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I did a new lawn install for a guy last year. He insisited on buying his own seed online, so I said fine whatever. Killed off his yard came back 2 weeks later around the beginning of May and tilled it up. Told him I'd be back the next day to lay down seed and he said fine. It was getting kind of late anyway. Came back the next day and there were tire tracks all over the yard and 2 huge mounds of dirt in back and 1 in the front. Politely asked the guy WTF. He said he wanted the yard to slope a little. I told him it was not in the agrred price for me to do so. He flipped when I told him it was extra. He called the other guy where he got the dirt and he agreed to come spread it out. It took the guy 2 weeks to come spread the dirt. When he finally did come, he busted a water main in the back yard. The city came and shut off the water, in the meantime, it is a swamp and we were expecting rain. Can't do anything till it at least mostly dries up. Takes another 2 weeks to dry. I go back and weeds are starting to grow already and the lawn is hard as a rock. I told the guy he either was gonna pay me more to re-till or do it himself. He decided to do it himself. I told him the temps were getting too high for the grass to germinate and of course he obviously knew more than me and said it would be ok. I then told him I would have to kill the weeds off again and wait a couple more weeks and he agreed. So, I sprayed AGAIN that night and he tilled the next day. Not only did he till the yard, but he went down about 14 inches and took out the neighborhood's phone and cable. I went ahead and planted the seed and put the fert down ( it was about 93 degrees). Got my check and told him good luck on the grass as it was not going to grow. Needless to say, he came to my door this spring wanting a refund. I told him to sue me that it was his fault when he altered the job like he did. i then contacted the neighbors got all the pics that I took and told my guys to get ready to go to court. He never sued cause he knew it was his fault.

bottlefed89
08-22-2005, 01:31 PM
One of the worst things that's happened to me is that someone from this board owes me $1400 for snow plowing sub work I did for him. I call all the time trying to get ahold of him, and trying to track him down. He told me he's going to sue me under the fair debbt collections act. He hasn't moved on it yet. Be careful who you work with.

sheshovel
08-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Wow,I hate to hear something like that happened to you.Being ripped off by someone on this board is totaly unacceptable :realmad: .That person whomever they are PAY THIS GUY HIS DUE NOW! :blob3:
He held up his end now you hold up yours!
If there is a good reason for not paying him then have the gonads to post it for all to see. :cool:
What you are doing makes us ALL look bad .
Be a man and honor your debt to this guy.

bottlefed89
08-22-2005, 02:05 PM
This guy is defenitely the furthest thing from a man of honor, in my opinion not much of a man at all. I've given him many payment options, etc.... He'll never even answer his phone, I'm sure he doesn't have the courage to respond here.

olderthandirt
08-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Post the name if your calling him out and lets hear both sides of the story.

bottlefed89
08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, he won't say anything, but HE knows who HE is. I won't name any names, just would like the money that is rightfully mine.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
One of the worst things that's happened to me is that someone from this board owes me $1400 for snow plowing sub work I did for him. I call all the time trying to get ahold of him, and trying to track him down. He told me he's going to sue me under the fair debbt collections act. He hasn't moved on it yet. Be careful who you work with.

sounds like a certain jerk here in pennsy i used to call "friend"............call the guy out on his screwjob!!! do it so nobody else gets screwed or sue his azz and when you win you can tell us all the details because that will prove what you say is true..and a court case is usually available to the public

payup payup payup payup

6'7 330
08-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, he won't say anything, but HE knows who HE is. I won't name any names, just would like the money that is rightfully mine.

If no call out ,Why bring it up then?If it so bad and mind altering,its time for a call out.Who knows ,it might get some action about your problem.

olderthandirt
08-22-2005, 02:42 PM
If no call out ,Why bring it up then?If it so bad and mind altering,its time for a call out.Who knows ,it might get some action about your problem.

Something does not seem right with only 1 side of this story. If its as you say I sure as he!l would be posting a name. Look at the symbiot thread and see the reaction that got when naming names.

sheshovel
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I agree what's his name or your side stinks

bottlefed89
08-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, here is the whole story:
I meet a guy from this board, and he's supposed to sub me a bunch of mowing accounts. Nothing ever pans out..... no big deal, not the first time that's happened to me, and I doubt the last. Well, winter rolls around and the day before thanksgiving our first snow hit. He knows I plow and he still has my number, so he calls during a storm and needs some resteraunts plowed, but he's over his head(doesn't admit that), anyway, I get a few done for him. No big deal, again not the only guy I subbed for, I'd bill him he'd pay me. Well, time goes by and I have a v-box for sale, and I'm looking for a tailgate unit. He has a tailgate unit he's trying to get rid of, and he needs a v-box. SO, he waits until the next storm is on and decides he needs to swap right then. He comes out and we swap. He's to give me $600 plus the tailgate unit in exchange for the v-box. The storm is picking up, and we BOTH need to get plowing so we'll settle up later. Mean while he is to plow a few accounts for me and I for him, this was good as it would keep us both away from some driving time, and allow us to plow not drive all around. The night goes on and not only do I have his places done, but I have to send another guy of mine out to plow the places he was to plow for me. He swears he hit them, but the client swears he didn't. I believe the guy who pays me(my client).
Same story one more storm, swears we'll meet the day after and he'll settle up. I'm still not worried about collecting, a lot of people pwe me money from time to time.

Then the guy starts avoiding my phone calls and if I do get him when I call from an odd number he swears the check is in the mail, or blames a wife or girlfriend for the mixup. A few more months go by and he completely avoids all of my calls. If I do catch him the new story is he's been in and out of the hospital, blah, blah, blah. I start trying everything I can to find him, addresses don't match up, no calls are answered, typical low-life stuff. Well, I leave him many, many messages telling him I'll take payments, or to let me know if he's having money problems, and if so I'd work something out with him, just let me know what's up. Nothing. In case he does come on here I don't want to leave anything out so I'll tell you - I even found one of his employees cell phone numbers and called this fellow through his employee until they caught on. The address I have for his business turns out to just be a house, and when I drove there I found an older couple outside, not him so I figured it was a mistake. I searched the internet and to make a long story short his business address is his fathers house. So I call there and ask for the guy that owes me money. The father says he doesn't live there, but asks what the call is regarding, and then tells me the sons cell phone number, I thank him but explain that the son won't answer a phone call from me, etc. etc. etc.
Next morning I receive an email saying he will now be sewing me for $2000 under the "Fair Debt Collection Act", and his attorney will contact me with the information. ALso, he states that the law prohibits me from making any further contact with him. I researched the act, and find that it applies only to people who collect debt as a profession. I am a landscaper, not a debt collector, I tell him this over and over, and make sure that he has all of my info. so I can be sure his attorney can contact me. Oddly enough I have yet to receive anything from them, and this was about 2 months ago.

So, there you go. That is the story, and the whole thing. I hope that he has the courage to post a response, but being that he won't deal with me on the matter, I doubt he will in the "public eye" either.

His name I will not post, but I know he used to go by chemtech on here, and now goes by allseasons, or allseasonsllc. I am not posting this to slander his name, or put him down. Just to let everyone know "the worst thing that's happened" to me. Also, I think everyone on here shouls know the story so that they can avoid doing business with him. If he would like to clear this up with me, I will certainly have the post removed.

I know I was dumb in letting this go so far, I just never expected this... So, is there anything I can do now??

olderthandirt
08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Signature
Lee R. O'Dell
Thats the name that appears when I did a search.
Whats your side of this story Lee???

bottlefed89
08-22-2005, 09:38 PM
That's correct, I'm sure if he comes on he'll say I am doing wrong by trying to make his name bad, but I feel everyone else should know about my experience with him.
Greg

QualityLawnCare4u
08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Allright allseasons, lets here your side or pay the man his money!! Only thing lower than a non paying client is a non paying contractor/biz owner. Put up or pay the man!!

kleankutslawn
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
must be guilty since he won't respond