PDA

View Full Version : Deck adjustment on Exmark TTracer

Lawncareguy
08-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Has anyone seen an issue with the right side cutting about 1/4" lower in certain conditions on their TTracer hydro? I have checked deck height, roller height and tire pressure. I measure the deck on both sides level ground and they are the same. It doesn't do it all the time just on certain lawns. It leaves a lower cut mark about 1/2 the length of the blade. I am using a new pair of the excaliber blades(high lift). It does this with any blade I use.

Any help from Exmark users?

Also, Crawdad if you read this I sent you a PM about some Gravely tractors information.

Thanks,
Bill

John Gamba
08-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Has anyone seen an issue with the right side cutting about 1/4" lower in certain conditions on their TTracer hydro? I have checked deck height, roller height and tire pressure. I measure the deck on both sides level ground and they are the same. It doesn't do it all the time just on certain lawns. It leaves a lower cut mark about 1/2 the length of the blade. I am using a new pair of the excaliber blades(high lift). It does this with any blade I use.

Also, Crawdad if you read this I sent you a PM about some Gravely tractors information.

Thanks,
Bill

Are your anti scalp wheels the same hight.

lazer 46
08-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Since it only does it on certain lawns I would say it is the contour of the lawn that is the problem. I've had this happen to meand I've owned 5 TTtracers. Even with a floating deck it is impossible to get a nice cut when the ground is nothing more than a cow pasture that is now a lawn. My opinion.

Lawncareguy
08-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the info, the rollers(scalp wheels) are in the same position. I measured the deck height last night and the right side is a little over 1/4" lower than the left. I think the adjustment can be made from the rear deck supports with the adjustable knuckle. Also , I noticed that the left front wheel is just a little higher off the ground than the right. I would say with some adjustments I may be able to get it a little closer.

Thanks again.
Bill

John Gamba
08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info, the rollers(scalp wheels) are in the same position. I measured the deck height last night and the right side is a little over 1/4" lower than the left. I think the adjustment can be made from the rear deck supports with the adjustable knuckle. Also , I noticed that the left front wheel is just a little higher off the ground than the right. I would say with some adjustments I may be able to get it a little closer.

Thanks again.
Bill

Bill

Keep us posted :waving:

geogunn
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I measured the deck height last night and the right side is a little over 1/4" lower than the left. I think the adjustment can be made from the rear deck supports with the adjustable knuckle.

yesssss...but double check those tire pressures.

GEO :)

CuttinUP
08-23-2005, 06:12 PM
You might have a bent spindle or something going on in that area. Once you get every thing set level, then check the blade tip height at different rotated positions if you still see this happening. Just a thought.Let us know what the out come is. :confused:

jbell113
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Thanks,
Bill

Finally ...some one with the same problem Ive been having. I checked everything and what you just described is exactly what I checked tire pressure and measured blades. It does on all bermuda lawns but you cant see it on weed lawns. Took mine to the shop today to have it checked out.

Lawncareguy
08-24-2005, 09:26 AM
jbell, let me know what they say. I micro checked everything last night and I am still 1/4" lower on right side. Here is what I have checked so far...

1. tire pressure
2. deck pin settings
3. rear adjustable deck hanger knuckle
4. checked for any bent front arms, spindles, blades(found ok)
5. the mounting bolts that hold the front deck to mower chassis to see if the holes were oval causing incorrect height( found ok )
6. checked spacers under deck height adjustment and replaced if worn

Like you say, it is ok on high, weedy yards but the nice turf fescue lawns that I cut you can see the difference. My exmark dealer said they have never seen that. The right blade will really cut low if you are on a hill and cut down low. Keep me informed if they find anything.

Bill

l1011100
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I've been having the same problem on my 52" lazer z. I hit a stump in some tall grass two weeks ago, the next lawn was a nice bermuda one and it looked like crap when I was done. When I got it home I noticed that the left blade was 1/4" below the center blade when you match them up. I ended up replaceing the spindle and shaft on that blade today and I still have the same problem. I hope its not a bent deck!

jbell113
08-25-2005, 03:10 AM
jbell, let me know what they say. I micro checked everything last night and I am still 1/4" lower on right side. Here is what I have checked so far...

1. tire pressure
2. deck pin settings
3. rear adjustable deck hanger knuckle
4. checked for any bent front arms, spindles, blades(found ok)
5. the mounting bolts that hold the front deck to mower chassis to see if the holes were oval causing incorrect height( found ok )
6. checked spacers under deck height adjustment and replaced if worn

Like you say, it is ok on high, weedy yards but the nice turf fescue lawns that I cut you can see the difference. My exmark dealer said they have never seen that. The right blade will really cut low if you are on a hill and cut down low. Keep me informed if they find anything.

Bill

My dealer called today and told me my mower is ready. I asked what they did and he said they adjusted the deck to manufacturer specs and tested it. We will see today if what they did works. The repair cost me $30. I will let you know how it cuts as soon as I test it out.

Lawncareguy
08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I wonder if " adjusted to specs" really means level? let me know how it turned out. :blob3:

Bill