PDA

View Full Version : Termidor indoors???

**JW'S LAWNCARE**
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Can Termidor be used indoors or should I use Phantom to eliminate carpenter ants?

Ric
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Can Termidor be used indoors or should I use Phantom to eliminate carpenter ants?

By Label law Termidor can not be used inside. It is a RUP that requires a Certified Operator who is also certified in Termidor to purchase and apply.

ArizPestWeed
08-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Dickie is right .
You should use a licensed pro.
However , it's on ebay for sell to anyone who Knows how to read and follow the directions .
The label is the law and must be followed to the "T".

Ric
08-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Dickie is right .
You should use a licensed pro.
However , it's on ebay for sell to anyone who Knows how to read and follow the directions .
The label is the law and must be followed to the "T".

WeedHead

I didn't know E bay sold it. I am sure someone could lose there license over that one. In fact I am surprised the EPA isn't on a violation like that. I will agree it has made ant control child's play. It is not the silver bullet, but it does work great.

ArizPestWeed
08-23-2005, 01:09 AM
It's a sad day because they sell it there , something so powerful should be left to the licensed pros .
I'll bet it'll be off the market an a few years or so because of the abuse/misuse

Ric
08-23-2005, 01:35 AM
It's a sad day because they sell it there , something so powerful should be left to the licensed pros .
I'll bet it'll be off the market an a few years or so because of the abuse/misuse

Weedhead

That has been the history of many. RIP

ArizPestWeed
08-23-2005, 01:39 AM
You are up late , valium hasn't kicked in yet ? :rolleyes:

**JW'S LAWNCARE**
08-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks fellas

**JW'S LAWNCARE**
08-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys

A.T.A.K
08-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Dam, Ric and Paul not going at each other in a thread hell must have froze over.LOL The Termidor sell online is a heated issue. The EPA has turned a blind eye to the issue. When someone is hurt or a body of water is distroyed they will not step in. BASF knows dam well who is selling it they are for the most part pest control companies. In their defense they do have a disclaimer which states you must be a licensed PCO to buy this product and it is up to you to make sure you are buying with in the law. I have allready fought the long fight and hunge up the hat on this issue its a loseing battle, so enjoy Termidor as long as it is here.

Ric
08-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Dam, Ric and Paul not going at each other in a thread hell must have froze over.LOL The Termidor sell online is a heated issue. The EPA has turned a blind eye to the issue. When someone is hurt or a body of water is distroyed they will not step in. BASF knows dam well who is selling it they are for the most part pest control companies. In their defense they do have a disclaimer which states you must be a licensed PCO to buy this product and it is up to you to make sure you are buying with in the law. I have allready fought the long fight and hunge up the hat on this issue its a loseing battle, so enjoy Termidor as long as it is here.

Tim

When I look at how much Time, Sweat and Money it took me to get certified, I get real mad at those who don't follow the law and even madder at the Big Corporation who promote illegal use for a profit. BASF can stop selling to those companies. I had to take an update course on Termidor to be able to still buy it and I am a certified Operator who already had a Termidor certification for termites. I am all for the updated education to keep the certification, BUT. To think any Idiot can buy something That I had to work so hard to get the privilege to buy and use is a real PITA.

BTW I found a few more RUP on E bay also. This makes me even madder. To think of all the paper work and other Bull dung I have to put up with to stay legal. As the Legal guy, I will be the first to be checked and get a fine also. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

ArizPestWeed
08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
More importantly , to me , the power of Termidor ,a non repellent insecticide having the ability to wipe entire colonies of social insects should be in the hands of ONLY responsible pros , never the general public .
There has never been a insecticide like Termidor

Ric
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
More importantly , to me , the power of Termidor ,a non repellent insecticide having the ability to wipe entire colonies of social insects should be in the hands of ONLY responsible pros , never the general public .
There has never been a insecticide like Termidor

Weed Head

I am glad there are something we can agree on. I believe my crying was more self centered. You have brought the real issue to light. There are in fact many beneficial social insects like bees. Termidor could wipe them out.

A.T.A.K
08-23-2005, 09:46 PM
If you think that is bad about 8 months ago I worked with EPA to nab a guy selling Cloradane(sorry to tired to look up the correct spelling) on E-Bay. He claimed it was totally legal he sold ove 30 Gal befor he was stopped that we know of. I fought the long fight I'm to tired now with my company being full time now so I will help the next guy carry the torch. Ric and Paul it makes me sick to see these whores use the license in this way. Like I said as long as BASF holds a blind eye sure they make a big stink to you but these guys have been at it for over 2 years. I know one guy has been at it for 2 1/2 years BASF knows him so does the state he sells in. To date not one warning letter not a phone call or even an inspection has been done. So I say have fun till these little basterds ruin it for all. Maybe when it is gone BASF will feel the sting enough to stop these pricks next time. I dought it though.

Ric
08-23-2005, 10:33 PM

I was just arrogant enough to send a E-mail to the BASF sales manager stating my credentials and asking WHY. I have not recieved a reply and don't expect too.

:cry:

Ric
08-25-2005, 11:36 AM

I was just arrogant enough to send a E-mail to the BASF sales manager stating my credentials and asking WHY. I have not recieved a reply and don't expect too.

:cry:

I recieved a E-mail reply from the local BASF Rep about the inquiry I made to the Home Office.

He basically says that the state and EPA will not step in and that BASF is trying to find out who is supplying the sellers on E Bay. They claim their only recourse is to find those re-seller and cut them off. IMHO I don't think they are trying real hard. I see pesticide companies as the sellers of these products.

A.T.A.K
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Ric They have feed you a line of crap. The largest online chemical store is a company out of texas Ron Dawson pest control. I forgot the name of his online chemical company, they sell every product you can think of. It is not so hard to find these people I have personaly contacted 87 of them. After contacting them they gave me all their personal info and dared me to try and stop them. I turned all their info over and guess what they are still there. I give up we will be like Alaska soon where you can not spray crap. Oh well I said it once I'll say it again have fun while it lasts.

Ric
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I recieved a E-mail reply from the local BASF Rep about the inquiry I made to the Home Office.

He basically says that the state and EPA will not step in and that BASF is trying to find out who is supplying the sellers on E Bay. They claim their only recourse is to find those re-seller and cut them off. IMHO I don't think they are trying real hard. I see pesticide companies as the sellers of these products.

Tim

I was trying to say the same thing in a nice way. Bull Dung is not hard to spot or smell. I see this as just one more way Corporate America has sold us down the river for the GOD ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. It hurts me to think I went back to College in my late 50's to try and do the right thing. It looks like all the Time, Sweat and Money was a waste. To think all those hard earned Letter behind my name are basically worthless and any Idiot can Buy and Apply the same product I had to take a extra certification in. I did give a reply to the BASF rep who answered my E Mail. Trust me it was not a pleasant hello.

airtractrdrivr
09-09-2005, 12:00 AM
I can tell you from personal experience with Both Termidor and Phantom, I dont use either of them for Carpenter ants. Tempo 1% dust works better than anything we've tried for getting rid of Carpenter ants. Out of all the Carpenter ant jobs I have done this year, I have not had a single call back using the Tempo dust.

ArizPestWeed
09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
You must not understand Termidor .
You are doing it the hard way with the dust .
Have you ever read the label to Termidor .
One time around a home with "T" and you are done .

nelbuts
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Well I use it on my own house! I know, I know but it is my house. Do not ask me how I came to have it on my possession. Think I found it on the street somewhere and picked it up so some child would not consume it!

airtractrdrivr
09-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Yup, I know plenty about Termidor. I've used close to $6000.00 worth of 80WG this year already. Been through all their online training, and the perimeter plus training also. And yes, I've read the label SEVERAL times. Using dust is not hard at all, if you know what you're doing and do your scouting correctly to begin with. I"m not saying that Termidor isnt good... matter of fact, I wont use ANYTHING but Termidor on termite jobs. I just perfer the track record I have with dust thus far on carpenter ants.

Ric
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Termidor is good, But it is NOT the Silver Bullet.