PDA

View Full Version : What is the best mower for the money ?

bmurrell
08-22-2005, 10:12 PM
I am a dc fan but what really is the best mower for the money?

splatz100
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
you can get a 60 Lesco for like 5999, but Ive never used one. Gravelys are nice and lower than exmark and hustler. I have had/still have a 34z, 144z, and a 152z

Now I have Hustler and they are nice mowers, but not the cheapest

dixiedemon
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
u know what the best mower is for your money

65hoss
08-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Probably the best bang for the buck in this industry right now is the Bad Boy mowers.

MBDiagMan
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
If you had asked which was the best mower, I would not have commented at all because there are just too many brands and all are debatably good. Since you said "for the money," however, I believe it is Bad Boy. You can get a 60" air cooled for about $5,500 and it is a well built unit.

I have just gone through several weeks of shopping, demoing and studying and that was my conclusion. I will again make it clear, I am not saying the Bad Boy is the best, I just personally believe it is the most mower for the money.

All that said, even though you are talking about the most for the money, it still is debatable, because what do you want the most OF? Do you want the best cut, the longest lasting, the best handling?

My $0.02,
Doc

bmurrell
08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I Know The Kind Of Work An Xmark Does Dont Think I Want To Go That Way ! And Yea Dixiedemon I Know!

Flex-Deck
08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
John Deere - Hands down - Pay more but you get way more not only in quality, but service and trade-in.

Fubba
08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I Know The Kind Of Work An Xmark Does Dont Think I Want To Go That Way ! And Yea Dixiedemon I Know!

Exmark's have debatedly the best cut of any commercial ZTR out there. I don't know what you would happen to be talking about. I guess the off brand Xmark.

kleankutslawn
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
lately i have been hereing alot about bad boy but i don't know of any dealers in my area

ToroLandscaper
08-23-2005, 12:05 AM

Why dont you want to go with exmark they give one of the best cuts on the market IMO so why dont you tell me why you dont want to go with them whats the problem with them.......PLEASE EXPLAIN

valleylawn79
08-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Why dont you want to go with exmark they give one of the best cuts on the market IMO so why dont you tell me why you dont want to go with them whats the problem with them.......PLEASE EXPLAIN
saw an exmark mulching turf grass of sometype yesterday. one of the best looking cuts/finishes i've ever seen. they are just so high priced in this area. maybe they are worth it. but in bahui /side discharge they didn't seem to cut any better than others. i know this; exmark is everywhere; they outsold everybody else in this area 2-1. red mowers everywhere

valleylawn79
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
my grasshopper offered the best features for me in a 52 deck with one of the smoothest rides in the industry/ next to the ferris IS. not as fast as some but good cut and smooth operation.

hole in one lco
08-23-2005, 09:42 PM
lesco I run 48 gear driven for 10 years 14 hp kaws saving me at the pump

Mr.Mow-It-All
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
my grasshopper offered the best features for me in a 52 deck with one of the smoothest rides in the industry/ next to the ferris IS. not as fast as some but good cut and smooth operation.

I would agree for a midsize mower. for a 52 cut, you can't beat it in the midmount model with the 21hp deisel. A buddy of mine has one and they are great for manuvering in and out (for me a 52 is small) smaller area and very nimble.

Envy Lawn Service
08-23-2005, 10:23 PM
I haven't seen the Bad Boy mowers in the flesh.

So from personal experience, I'd have to say the Lesco Z-Two hands down.
In my opinion it is not only a cheaper mower, but also a BETTER mower than most.

BEST MOWER FOR THE MONEY.

Envy Lawn Service
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Exmark's have debatedly the best cut of any commercial ZTR out there. I don't know what you would happen to be talking about. I guess the off brand Xmark.

I would have to say the KEY word of that statement is 'debatedly'.

Yes they do give one of the best cuts on the market 'IF' they are cutting what they cut best. Nice easy cutting well maintained stands of pure turf. But I gotta be honest and say that's where it ends...

I take nothing away from the eXmark. It's a very good machine and one of the better brands on the market today. I'll back every good thing about them. But at the same time, I gotta be honest. From my experience so far, anything the eXmark can do, the Lesco can do BETTER, FASTER, AND MORE COST EFFECTIVELY... and that doesn't even begin to include the consideration that it cost over $2,000 less.

Maxham_farms
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I own 3 Lesco mowers...a 48" walk behind, 36" walk behind and a 54" ZTR. I am upgrading ro exmark because my lesco mower stay broken. Little stuff, plastic pulleys, uneven cut, don't even get me started on my 54". I got a 52" turftracer with the 23 hp engine...awesome machine...good for any turf. My 48" Exmark mows a million times better than the Lesco. You get what you pay for. I thought the Lesco cut okay until I used a Exmark. What a difference.