PDA

View Full Version : on the front of his walker.....

bobbygedd
08-23-2005, 07:24 AM
i saw this guy, he had an attachment on the front of his walker. he was doing spring cleanups, and this attachment was like, "tines" i guess you could call them. they were scraping up the little twigs and debris from the grass, and the mower was sucking it up. my question is, what is this attachment called, and do they make them for walk behinds? my dealer said no, but, he also said they don't make striping rollers for walkbehinds :dizzy: . anyone know?

Edgewater
08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
It's a tine rake. Walker makes thier own. There is a company called JRCO that makes them for most mower brands, WB and ZTR.

MLI
08-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Its a dethatching unit. I have one for my Walker.....also works great to prep lawns before overseeding. In the Spring when all the crap is matted to the lawn this unit lifts its all up without having to fight with a rake! They DO make them for WB's...seen them 1st hand!

bobbygedd
08-23-2005, 07:35 AM
anyone know where i can get one for a walkbehind?

moremowing4me
08-23-2005, 08:12 AM
anyone know where i can get one for a walkbehind?

jrco (http://jrcoinc.com) ......

mmacsek
08-23-2005, 08:15 AM
If you're looking for a JRCO tine rake go to their website and they can direct you on purchasing. I bought a leaf plow from them last fall thru Lesco. You have to purchase the mounting bar and all(I think)their attachments mount to the bar. Matt

mcwlandscaping
08-23-2005, 10:13 AM
If you're looking for a JRCO tine rake go to their website and they can direct you on purchasing. I bought a leaf plow from them last fall thru Lesco. You have to purchase the mounting bar and all(I think)their attachments mount to the bar. Matt
Hey mmacsek, how does that leaf plow work. Is it like a gigantic rake or what. Thanks.

shepoutside
08-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh Oh, Bobby is Walker Watching again, lol They work great, and we vac up all that crap too, why we love Walkers. I know of one LCO around here that have one on a WB, I'll see where they got there's from, sure they said out of the states somewhere, they use theres alot in the spring.

AL Inc
08-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I have one on my 36" Scag, BG. It is the JRCO. Saves us a lot of time in the spring, I would highly recommend it. I think I'm going to grab one for my Stander, too.

shepoutside
08-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok, just called, and they just modified one bought at TSC, to fit there bobcat.

Mower For Less
08-23-2005, 10:45 AM
my dealer said no, but, he also said they don't make striping rollers for walkbehinds :dizzy:

Have you been charging him for a misinformation surcharge? I would.

Kevin

mmacsek
08-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey mmacsek, how does that leaf plow work. Is it like a gigantic rake or what. Thanks.
It's a plow. You blow your leaves in rows or piles and push them with the plow instead of tarping and dragging. It doesn't get every leaf so you blow them again or the mower with a collection system. I use this for BIG leaf jobs. The pile at the street is about 4' high and 4' wide by the length of the property. The mower I use it on is an Exmark WB TTHP.... Hydro and 15hp. It works great. Matt

Brianslawn
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
hey bobby, the dethatcher works good on pine needles too. walker also has other attachments too. aerator, snow plow, bucket loader. i dont got the loader (use kubota), but the others i use occasionally and work nice.

Mower For Less
08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
It's a plow. You blow your leaves in rows or piles and push them with the plow instead of tarping and dragging. It doesn't get every leaf so you blow them again or the mower with a collection system. I use this for BIG leaf jobs. The pile at the street is about 4' high and 4' wide by the length of the property. The mower I use it on is an Exmark WB TTHP.... Hydro and 15hp. It works great. Matt

I made my own leaf plow out of an old 6" wooden banquet table, and I suspended it in front of my Honda 4 wheeler for use at my cabin. I have several TONS of leafs up there that I need to round up every fall. After trying several methods of leaf removal and transportation, the blower and leaf plow at the BEST for LARGE areas where you can push the leaves to one area and leave them there. At my cabin I burn the pile once I get them all rounded up. Takes me about 10-15 hours working solo with a RedMax 7001 blower and the homemade plow. Used to take me twice that long blowing them into piles and trying to scoop them onto a 6.5 x 12' open landscape trailer with a large snow shovel, and then dumping the trailer in the rear of the property where I burn them. Not to mention it took alot of trailer load fulls to get them all.

Plus, plowing leaves is alot of fun, its amazing how big a pile you can move with a ATV and a plow, and I would assume the same for a walkbehind mower.

Kevin