PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal

exandscag
08-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I recently purchased 2 scag turf tigers I believe to be 88-89's.
One had a blown motor and was somewhat parted out the other had a fire.
The one that had the fire other then all the plastic , rubber and wiring being melted is complete. It look's like most of what I need from the other mower is there to make the fire mower complete again. If it still will not run I priced a new motor and if I stay with the 22hp kawy it will be around $1400 .
I also got a bunch of other parts that will work with my 3 wheeler.
I payed $500 for the hole lot
The way I see it if i blow 2 spindles and rip my seat on the 3 wheeler I saved the $ already .
So what do you all think ? Did i do good?
Be on-est I can still unload it all and make my $$ back and then some.

Thanks

exandscag
08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry there 98-99's not 88-89's

jimmbo407
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I think thats a great idea. I'm a firefighter and have seen a lot of parts taken off different machines that have been in fires. (seen the insurance side of it too) I took parts of a snowmobile that had a fire there is not problem. I would strip everything you can, clean it and store it then get rid of the junk. It helps to have a little knowledge of the machines your doing this for too. Check out Ebay there is always people putting parts for sale on there, some used and they come from parting machines that don't work for one reason or another. So now you will have your own little parts department and you won't have to rely on the dealer.