PDA

View Full Version : large area estimate

liquidforcedude7
08-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Hello again guys I need to get a rought idea of what of what to charge for this place. Its 8-9 acres of grass that needs to get mowed (most of it is just wide open mowing) its spread out thought over 18 acres. Like its an acre or two here and there. It actually my boat club and the grounds guy is really getting mad cuz the people doing it now are doing a terriable job. The one big thing is that about 1.2 acres of this is more than a 45 degree slope leading down to the water but I think it would be able to be cut with a good w/b. But this place is a trimming nightmare it would literally take me a day and a half just to trim. But I think I could get the mowing done in about a day. the people who do it now come out with 4 people 2 ztr and a w/b and one guy goes straight to trimming. one the other 3 are done with thier mowing they go and trim also. and they get it done in like .75 of a day. I would be using a 44" proline and weed eaters and stuff but then I thought about having my friend who has a pretty good business setup now come out and help me. Hes got a 52" z master and al the echo blowers and trimmers and stuff. Would that be a good idea?? the thing for me is am all ready downthere like 4 days a week in the summer. so I could really mow around my own schedule. They want it done about every two weeks. What would a place like this go for?? payup

Remsen1
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Based on your observation of 4 guys, 6 hours, that 24 hours worth of work, or 12 hours for two guys. Allot of that time will be trimming according to your observation so price that accordingly as well (trimming is usually billed at a lower rate and it's very tiring to do all day long.) Questions you need to pay attention to, are:

1.) Can you do it as fast or faster?
2.) What areas are they cutting corners on? How much time, if any, will it take you if you don't cut the same corners?
3.) What are the specific areas of concern with the current LCO?
4.) Part of the reason it looks terrible is that it is cut bi-weekly. Is the manager willing to go to a weekly schedule or is he expecting miracles?
5.) Be carefull with chem apps around the water, don't do any if you're not qualified.

liquidforcedude7
08-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Based on your observation of 4 guys, 6 hours, that 24 hours worth of work, or 12 hours for two guys. Allot of that time will be trimming according to your observation so price that accordingly as well (trimming is usually billed at a lower rate and it's very tiring to do all day long.) Questions you need to pay attention to, are:

1.) Can you do it as fast or faster? (proabably not)
2.) What areas are they cutting corners on? How much time, if any, will it take you if you don't cut the same corners? (there missing spots and not mowing some places that need to be)
3.) What are the specific areas of concern with the current LCO?(see above)
4.) Part of the reason it looks terrible is that it is cut bi-weekly. Is the manager willing to go to a weekly schedule or is he expecting miracles?(it used to look fine when it was cut bi-weekly previously and it does this year too its just where there missing and stuff)
5.) Be carefull with chem apps around the water, don't do any if you're not qualified. (they dont have and chemical stuff done its just mow trim and blow)
its next to your questions

liquidforcedude7
08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Anybody else have any thoughts?